Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 C Gates - BA Lounge to open at T5C ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 C Gates - BA Lounge to open at T5C ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
10 minutes 30 seconds in my case from South Lounges to Boots T5C, and having had the pleasure of meeting you more than once, I would expect that as someone younger and fitter than me (leave the fiver via the usual CCR dropbox) that you could manage that too! There is a fuller breakdown of timings in the Dashboard thread. The passageways tend to be a lot cooler than the main building in my experience, indeed a big reason why I tend to walk, but I fully accept your experience is different!
I did 7 min ccr to b gate b37 yesterday
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I've learned quite a bit from the BA Board here on Flyertalk, and I'd rank those tunnels as being high on that list... they're great on both arrival and departure.
I second that.
bullroot likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I've learned quite a bit from the BA Board here on Flyertalk, and I'd rank those tunnels as being high on that list... they're great on both arrival and departure.
i didn’t realize that they could be used for arrivals too! I’m guessing that there is a separate tunnel for the sterile area to get one to immigration? I may have to test this out in Dec when coming in from LAX (assuming we don’t end up at a remote stand)
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

i didn’t realize that they could be used for arrivals too! I’m guessing that there is a separate tunnel for the sterile area to get one to immigration? I may have to test this out in Dec when coming in from LAX (assuming we don’t end up at a remote stand)
Hi,

I belive so but the ones to immigration do not have moving travelators ( only the departure side ones do)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
i didn’t realize that they could be used for arrivals too! I’m guessing that there is a separate tunnel for the sterile area to get one to immigration?
Yes, they are parallel tunnels, the arrival one being to the south of the departing one and passengers can't see, let alone get to, the other tunnel. The Dashboard thread is split into two to take account of the differences.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I did 7 min ccr to b gate b37 yesterday
Hah! I did it from GF to C57 in under 6 minutes once: lost track of time while doing my emails and discovered my flight was on a Final Call while walking by departures board to take a leak. Sprinted to C and then spent 50 minutes fixated on a seatbelt sign, while doing a little dance in my seat. Lesson well learnt
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, they are parallel tunnels, the arrival one being to the south of the departing one and passengers can't see, let alone get to, the other tunnel. The Dashboard thread is split into two to take account of the differences.
I always thought it was the other way round. Obviously not paying enough attention 😀
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I belive so but the ones to immigration do not have moving travelators ( only the departure side ones do)

Regards

TBS
There are moving walkways in the arrivals side tunnels too. I use them fairly often, though some of the moving walkways are occasionally turned off.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Regards

TBS
Both do. The lack of travelators only arises when one is returning to T5A (e.g. having gone to the wrong satellite, or using the T5B lounge before a T5A departure).
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
There are moving walkways in the arrivals side tunnels too. I use them fairly often, though some of the moving walkways are occasionally turned off.
i thought they were off until someone approached them and they then turned on?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the corrections!

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by KARFA

i thought they were off until someone approached them and they then turned on?
Generally that is the case, but sometimes one (or more) is non-functioning. Still quicker than the transit for me most of the time, and good to stretch the legs after a flight.
bullroot and KARFA like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

Generally that is the case, but sometimes one (or more) is non-functioning. Still quicker than the transit for me most of the time, and good to stretch the legs after a flight.
At the start of each travelator is a light, at foot level, facing towards you as you approach. If it’s red, then the travelator is out of service. If it’s green, it’s in service and should get going/speed up as you approach.
JustTheOne likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Not reading to the end of the thread....

Grrr. Thread title sparked false hope/assumption so skipped A lounge and went straight to C for a (now delayed) GRU flight.

“That stopped three years ago mate” was the answer at Starbucks to the question whether BA still offered C/ F pax an allowance... Oh well.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
From an article today on God Save The Points...

While we cannot confirm this to be true through official channels, an incredibly reliable source points to British Airways in final design stages for a new Heathrow lounge, in Terminal 5C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.