FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LHR T5 C Gates - BA Lounge to open at T5C ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1866394-lhr-t5-c-gates-ba-lounge-open-t5c.html)

deboyzoned Sep 11, 2017 1:47 pm

LHR T5 C Gates - BA Lounge to open at T5C ?

I was at T5 First Lounge earlier today and was about to enquire about gate for my delayed flight to BSL.

I overheard another passenger and the agent at Customer Services ..

LHR T5 C gates will finally be getting a BA Lounge.

Any Info?

deboyzoned Sep 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi Mods ... could you change the title please ...

From "LHR T5 C Gates - BA Lounge to open"
To "LHR T5 C Gates -"BA Lounge to open at T5C ??"

cornishsimon Sep 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Well T5C did have space left available for a lounge if I'm not mistaken ?

cs

BrianDromey Sep 11, 2017 2:07 pm

I guess T5C might be in line / superior to the new LGW lounges and used to cover capacity during refurbishment of the current lounges.

:D! Sep 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Wonder if there will be a GF section?

gw76 Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Not before time. And hopefully would allow capacity for refurb of current lounges
Voucher at Starbucks not exactly premium for those who like to venture over earlier

Ldnn1 Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by gw76 (Post 28803467)
Voucher at Starbucks not exactly premium for those who like to venture over earlier

Better than nowt, which has been the offering for quite a while now!

Kgmm77 Sep 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Whilst a lounge would be nice, it's a bigger shame BA don't put more pressure on Heathrow Airport to finish the pier to the original design footprint. It would allow much more general seating and room to circulate. Not much money in passenger comfort though I suppose...

cpdc1030 Sep 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by gw76 (Post 28803467)
Not before time. And hopefully would allow capacity for refurb of current lounges

It takes all of 5 mins to get from B gates to C. I used to love the Starbucks reimbursement, it was certainly a reason to choose an A380 flight over anything else... :)

Nightbus to Dalson Sep 12, 2017 2:46 am

What can you get at Starbucks nowadays?
Never bothered since they stopped the half bottles of fizz.

mikeyfly Sep 12, 2017 2:49 am

I'd take this as "galley FM" more than anything for now

Globaliser Sep 12, 2017 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson (Post 28805409)
What can you get at Starbucks nowadays?

Pretty much what you can get at any Starbucks. Including the having to pay for it.

26left Jan 2, 2018 3:49 am

Sitting at gate c54 waiting to board and my phone has picked up the BA lounge WiFi - perhaps this will open soon?

FlyingScientist Jan 2, 2018 4:04 am

Originally Posted by 26left (Post 29238977)
Sitting at gate c54 waiting to board and my phone has picked up the BA lounge WiFi - perhaps this will open soon?

If that it the same "soon" as used in Qatari English, it will still take a few years... :rolleyes:

TyneTraveller Jan 2, 2018 10:38 am

Originally Posted by 26left (Post 29238977)

I can't see that happening anytime soon personally, if at all, but perhaps they have cranked up the signal in T5B at a quiet time. In other news however (wrong thread I know), I hear the new Aberdeen lounge is supposedly to be opening on schedule on 18th May ;)