Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas lounge LAX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Sliver,LH Senator,Emirates Platimium
Qantas lounge LAX

I am flying first class BA LAX-LHR and i get a friend who is flying LAX-LHR in CW BA.
Do you know if i can invite him in the Quantas First Class lounge in LAX?
Thank you for your answers.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Short answer: you can guest because you are BA Gold and also for flying First. Long answer: see the Lounge Access thread in the Dashboard which has all the details.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Just to add here is a copy of the oneworld rules which is always handy to have.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...ccess/LAX/1131
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by FromGVA
I am flying first class BA LAX-LHR and i get a friend who is flying LAX-LHR in CW BA.
Do you know if i can invite him in the Quantas First Class lounge in LAX?
Thank you for your answers.
Do be aware that calling it "Quantas" will result in a lifetime ban from all Qantas lounges.
trooper and zip10001 like this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The Quantuas lounge is a great way to pass 2/3 hours
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:53 am
Suspended

It's Q.A.N.T.A.S if your pedantry is switched on.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Short answer: you can guest because you are BA Gold and also for flying First. Long answer: see the Lounge Access thread in the Dashboard which has all the details.
Thank you for the answer.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jase76
Do be aware that calling it "Quantas" will result in a lifetime ban from all Qantas lounges.
Well i will take care now , and not made any mistake.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Qantas lounge was indeed a welcome addition for us, as we are regulars at T4 - when the connector opened up.

Just remember to have your BA gold card with you as they always ask for them when we have gone thru there.

The bartenders are great, the food is cooked to order and it has a pleasant bar. The Aussie lounge agent at the front desk is a great guy too.

However, I don't really like the layout of the rest of it - reminds me of a school canteen, albeit a posh one.

The food selection isn't great tho, recently, but maybe that's because we have got used to it and the novelty of having a new lounge available for us at LAX T4 has worn off now.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Just remember to have your BA gold card with you as they always ask for them when we have gone thru there.
You do not required your BA Gold card, provided you can recite your EC number to the agent.

The Aussie lounge agent at the front desk is a great guy too.
There are 2 Australian male agents at the reception desk - one of whom is the lounge 'manager', both of who are excellent.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:44 pm

The food selection isn't great tho, recently, but maybe that's because we have got used to it and the novelty of having a new lounge available for us at LAX T4 has worn off now.
Strange. I've always enjoyed the food in this lounge and found it to be of high quality, and good variety. You really get a good taste of the local flavors of LA. Much better than anything I've had in Galleries First.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
You do not required your BA Gold card, provided you can recite your EC number to the agent.

There are 2 Australian male agents at the reception desk - one of whom is the lounge 'manager', both of who are excellent.
Looks like for me, I will have to take my card.... getting too old to remember things like my exec no.

One of the guys really did me a favor trying to fix things with some flight problems with BA - thought about ever since the great assistanec he provide, trying out Qantas since then, as never have been to Australia.

Hi cpdc1030 - not my reaction to the food experience really, but yes deffo better than GF.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:50 pm

I have never been asked for it...
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Huh? I love this Lounge and now arrive early for my LAX-JFK red-eyes to have dinner and drinks and more drinks... then sleep all the way to NY.
From my last visit.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I have never been asked for it...
must be just me then, as am always asked. Just letting OP that I am always asked - dear oh dear.

Anyway lucky you .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.