Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dozy Tart Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Question Dozy Tart Question

I know that you'll all know but I'm unsure. I have a series of flights with AA which were booked throught BA.com. I have a confirmation from BA and a locator. If ever I want to check or change the seats it takes me to AA.com where the entire booking exists but with another locator of course. My BA Exec card is in the booking.

My question is this - with which airline do I check in? Will it allow me to check in Online with the BA flight code? If it does not allow me to do this - do I go to BA or AA. AA will of course have their security people vetting you before you check in and it would amaze me if I were to be put throught the same procedure. Do I then go directly to AA? This I should add is MAN -ORD.

So if this is a daft question, and it has probably been aired here 673 times, but it passed me by. Any help gratefully received.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Check in with operating carrier.
Ensure you have entered API into AA.com record to ensure OLCI can be used if desired.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:18 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Some brief googling suggests that there should be no issues checking in with AA and you already know the AA locator reference.

I trust that as befits an honourable and esteemed lady, you'll be travelling in business. I have done AA flights in economy, and upon this becoming apparent to the crew the reaction has generally been one that might have occurred had I somehow contracted leprosy and them seeing my leg drop off on boarding.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I generally download the operating carrier app a week before and load the trip onto that to ensure all the flights are showing and to use the online check-in feature.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
It's not a silly question IMO. when flying AA on a BA issued ticket there are something you can do on the BA app (e.g. change seats) and some things you can't (e.g. order meals). I personally always do everything through the AA app for an AA flight even if ticketed by BA.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
As an aside (but related) question - if you have a BA codeshare on an AA flight, how can you select your seat in advance on-line? BA throws you to AA, and AA throws you back to BA
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:35 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
AA use a different system to BA, Sabre opposed to Amadeus I believe, and thus your Booking Reference becomes a Record Locator!

As your flight from MAN-ORD is with AA, you should head to their Check-In desks and they'll duly look after you.

Safe travels,

M
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by LondonAndy
As an aside (but related) question - if you have a BA codeshare on an AA flight, how can you select your seat in advance on-line? BA throws you to AA, and AA throws you back to BA
If you're on AA metal you should have an aA record locator. Just plug that straight into the AA app or website and away you go!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Use the AA app on your phone

Once you have the AA record locator get the app on your phone and enter it there so that you can check flight status and baggage status easily and quickly.

I don't know which other airlines do it, but AA will update your record (and show it on the phone) every time each piece of your luggage is scanned, so you should never be standing at the carousel wondering if your bag is going to make it. The scans I am aware of are 'checked in', 'loaded on plane', 'unloaded from plane' and 'at baggage claim'.

The app will also make it very easy to change your seat as often as you like.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:39 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
You are stars all of you. I have the app on my phone but I will not be checking bags and yes I will be in Business. I have actually ordered lunch - whether this will be honoured or not, we will see.

I am going to MSP on one of those fares that someone found here - I think that you could go to San Antonio or some such as well. I had never seen one of these to MSP - I'm going to visit a couple of old colleagues who retired from BA and went to Northwest when they were trying to pull their socks up internationally about 20 or so years ago. Anyhow, if I get fodder for a TFTG - would that be of interest do you think? or have thse days now gone?
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
You are stars all of you. I have the app on my phone but I will not be checking bags and yes I will be in Business. I have actually ordered lunch - whether this will be honoured or not, we will see.

I am going to MSP on one of those fares that someone found here - I think that you could go to San Antonio or some such as well. I had never seen one of these to MSP - I'm going to visit a couple of old colleagues who retired from BA and went to Northwest when they were trying to pull their socks up internationally about 20 or so years ago. Anyhow, if I get fodder for a TFTG - would that be of interest do you think? or have thse days now gone?
My experience of AA is the ordered meals are almost always there without problem.If you are in MAN overnight there is a nice pub in styal,the Ship,just past the ladies prison.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:47 am

I have actually ordered lunch - whether this will be honoured or not, we will see.
I've never had a problem with a pre-ordered meal on AA in business (unlike a certain other airline where ordered meals and being gold get nothing!).

Enjoy your trip
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:52 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
or have thse days now gone?
Certainly not. This forum is all the better for some occasional light relief or it'll disappear up its own fundament from taking itself so seriously.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Last time I went through MAN in August the AA Business desks were cunningly hidden just round the corner from the main check in. AA are pretty good about pre-ordered meals, I managed to get one after being bumped over from a BA cancellation with a couple of days notice.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Your PUCCINESS will not give you DYKWIA rights at security and immigration so if you have GE you should check in on AA where you can enter your KTN in your API.

BBC and ITN are also noteworthy as useful acronyms for television channels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.