Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will BA GGL Line Add AA Prime Flights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Will BA GGL Line Add AA Prime Flights?

I want to book BA TATL (in purchased T with UUA to J) connecting to AA flights (in purchased I) that appear to have no BA code. I obviously can't do this through a travel agent as it will prevent me from doing the UUA given other airline segments present on the ticket. So the only option would be to get BA to add the AA prime segments onto the same PNR. Will the GGL line be able to do this?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Do the T fare rules allow a TA to do it?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Cymro
Do the T fare rules allow a TA to do it?
A TA booking can't be UUA'ed if there are other airline flight segments. Since the connecting flights I want do not have BA codes, that would prevent the ticket from being UUA'ed.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by sts603
Will the GGL line be able to do this?
Email or call and ask them?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
It also depends on whether the fares will combine, and I suspect they may not. You might get a willing agent but not be able to have those fares on one ticket. Are you able to price it on ITA Matrix?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
A TA booking can't be UUA'ed if there are other airline flight segments. Since the connecting flights I want do not have BA codes, that would prevent the ticket from being UUA'ed.
I realise that - but it seems like you're effectively stacking the XXX-YYY I fare rather than buying a through fare.

As an example, LHR-ORD-BNA|DFW-LHR with LHR-ORD in T and ORD-BNA in I is actually more than LHR-ORD-BNA in I on dates I looked at in April.

My question was similar to that asked by JAXBA: I think that they will be allowed to do it but it may or may not work, or if it does work may be pointless as a straight-through I fare would be cheaper.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
I realise that - but it seems like you're effectively stacking the XXX-YYY I fare rather than buying a through fare.

As an example, LHR-ORD-BNA|DFW-LHR with LHR-ORD in T and ORD-BNA in I is actually more than LHR-ORD-BNA in I on dates I looked at in April.

My question was similar to that asked by JAXBA: I think that they will be allowed to do it but it may or may not work, or if it does work may be pointless as a straight-through I fare would be cheaper.
There is alas a 2K GBP difference between the thru I fare and a T TATL with the I on the domestic.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Yes, BA can do this. As touched on above, price it up first on ITA Matrix and get the exact same flight numbers and buckets for the agent to process. Mention the plan to UUA upfront with the agent.
I have done this as a workaround where BA 'miss out' a codeshare on an intra USA connection so I have to use the AA code, albeit last time I did this was booking a year or so ago.

Now, that's not to say it'll be plain sailing with Matrix especially with some of the WT+ fares having odd restrictions built in; meaning what you'd hoped to construct ain't allowed.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a fare construction, not a booking issue. Don't worry about that, just take a look at the total price and assure yourself that it is one with which you can live.

BA --- doesn't have to be any particular booking channel -- can certainly book broken fares. They may simply be expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.