Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Hotel Not Booked

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA Holidays Hotel Not Booked

Just thought I would post some advice when having booked a BA Holiday. Hubby and I flew to Geneva today and arrived at our hotel in Crans Montana to discover that the hotel was not booked by the third party company BA used. My advice is to check with the hotel that they have your booking and are expecting you before you travel.
Thankfully the hotel did have 1 room free for our first 3 nights and will have another room free for our last night here.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by leedstraveller
Just thought I would post some advice when having booked a BA Holiday. Hubby and I flew to Geneva today and arrived at our hotel in Crans Montana to discover that the hotel was not booked by the third party company BA used. My advice is to check with the hotel that they have your booking and are expecting you before you travel.
Thankfully the hotel did have 1 room free for our first 3 nights and will have another room free for our last night here.
oh dear thats not good to hear, have you called ba holidays to find out what happened?~
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
oh dear thats not good to hear, have you called ba holidays to find out what happened?~
Indeed and there is a 24 hour duty office in Crawley watching out for things like this, the number should be in the paperwork with the booking.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed and there is a 24 hour duty office in Crawley watching out for things like this, the number should be in the paperwork with the booking.
The number is +44 208 707 4463
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Had that happen to me once as well in Tallinn a year ago. Thankfully the hotel had a room left (a suite) so ended up working in my favour. I also had the screen print from BA holidays. When calling up the GGL line, agent was pro active in getting Holidays to call me back within a minute, but since all got sorted by hotel, not much they could do but to apologise. Hate to think what would have happened had there not been a room left though... If you use BA holidays, make sure you have an itenerary printout. Their ability as a travel agent scares me...
anniegray likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Hello. Yes we did call BA Holidays and the lady was most helpful. They will sort it out but not too happy that the new hotel booking will cost substantially more than the cost of the holiday.
We were very lucky to get a room (well 2 rooms over the 4 nights) as there is a major golf tournament starting here tomorrow.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:44 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I always take the printout 'British Airways pre-paid travel voucher' with me and produce it at hotel check in. Very good to know there is a 24 hr number in case of difficulty.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:51 pm

Hello. Yes we did call BA Holidays and the lady was most helpful. They will sort it out but not too happy that the new hotel booking will cost substantially more than the cost of the holiday.
We were very lucky to get a room (well 2 rooms over the 4 nights) as there is a major golf tournament starting here tomorrow.
What do you mean by this?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
My advice is to check with the hotel that they have your booking and are expecting you before you travel.
A good idea, but this doesn't always work - sometimes the rooms are held as a block and the hotel doesn't get specific names until 72/48/24/whatever hours before check-in. I'm not sure of the latest time the hotel may get names, but a call to them too early may only get a false negative. Annoying that it can sometimes be necessary to check, I agree.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Hi there. We did have the booking email printed off but thinking about it now we did not get an hotel voucher. So, maybe the advice should be to check that you have that. Never done a BA Holiday before so didn't think about that. Not used to package travel so perhaps it's all my fault:-)
Still not pleasant and it was stressful
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:01 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by JAXBA

A good idea, but this doesn't always work - sometimes the rooms are held as a block and the hotel doesn't get specific names until 72/48/24/whatever hours before check-in. I'm not sure of the latest time the hotel may get names, but a call to them too early may only get a false negative. Annoying that it can sometimes be necessary to check, I agree.
Totally agree- I once called to check on a baby cot 2 months out and was slightly perturbed that they didn't have my booking - but it was explained to me that they don't get the bookings from the third party until nearer the time so I relaxed and all was fine in the end.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:03 pm

This happened to me with car hire. The Avis desk had just closed as I rocked up. They were not expecting anybody else that day. I was very fortunate that the agent had stood around chatting to somebody else that she knew before leaving.

Palmer
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Hi there. We did have the booking email printed off but thinking about it now we did not get an hotel voucher. So, maybe the advice should be to check that you have that. Never done a BA Holiday before so didn't think about that. Not used to package travel so perhaps it's all my fault:-)
Still not pleasant and it was stressful
Normally the hotel voucher is hard to spot. It should be in Manage My Booking and say something like:

Non flight hotel voucher.

You should certainly not have to pay anymore yourself but if you do then as hard as it might be enjoy your holiday and sort it out when you come back.

I'm no Lawyer but you entered a contract and BA Holidays haven't fulfilled that so it's their fault, not yours and you shouldn't be out of pocket.

I've done quite a few BA Holidays over the years and never encountered any issues at all but it does happen from time to time as seen here.
Tobias-UK and 'andad like this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Tobias. The rate today for the hotel is substantially more for 4 nights than we paid last year for the whole holiday. Crans Montana is pretty much booked out due to the European Tour Golf tournament which is why we are here. We have a room for our last night only due to a cancellation.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:23 pm

Tobias. The rate today for the hotel is substantially more for 4 nights than we paid last year for the whole holiday. Crans Montana is pretty much booked out due to the European Tour Golf tournament which is why we are here. We have a room for our last night only due to a cancellation.
You will not be responsible for that. British Airways Holidays will have to reimburse you. The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 are your friend. You will not be left out of pocket, so enjoy your holiday ^

BA Hols will contact you tomorrow to let you know how they will resolve this.
PETER01 and flapland like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.