Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

UUA from two avios accounts without splitting a booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond

I'm considering a trip with a friend, and the best option would be

LHR-JFK on AA in Y (MCE)
JFK-LHR on BA in WTP (UUA to CW).

She is a blue member (maybe bronze?) with enough avios to UUA. However, it'd make sense for us both to be on the same PNR so that we can both enjoy MCE on the outbound (and to take AA over BA for the timings, the extra legroom, and the lounge).

I take it that calling to link the bookings for seat selection won't work on the AA metal.

So is there any way, without a household account or transferring avios, to upgrade two tickets using avios (calling at the same time if necessary) from two accounts without splitting the booking and losing MCE? Or am I going to be out of luck even suggesting these flights?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Is it worth paying the fee to transfer avios to your account?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
Is it worth paying the fee to transfer avios to your account?
No, cheaper to pay the MCE selection fee or just fly BA and use TCP.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Cymro
...is there any way, without a household account or transferring avios...
No, sorry. Those methods are going to be the only ways to do it.

If you're nervous about your friend having access to your Avios once you're in a temporary HHA together, move all but the Avios you'd need for the UuA to an Avios.com/IB account until you dissolve the HHA. They can do the same for any excess Avios above those needed so you're both using only the exact Avios required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.