Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA pilots on Twitter

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Are there other interesting twitter BA employees to follow? Cabin crew, engineers, Watersiders?

^
Abigail Comber - Head of British Airwars Brands and Customer Experience

https://twitter.com/AbiComber

Cabin Crew - There are many Mixed Fleet especially on Instagram.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I very much enjoy watching the various BA pilots on Twitter - definitely re-instills the "fly BA for the people" feeling. Particularly when it turns from pixels to people!

During the usual captains welcome, I thought I recognised the name of the pilot. Checked on Twitter and saw he was flying shuttling to and fro on my commute all day.

Replied to his tweet mentioning I was onboard. Amused, I messaged my sister about it too...

Moments later, he pops out and says hello. I passed on a message from my sister - "do a barrel roll". A good laugh

Pilots are human too!
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by cpdc1030
Damn. I was hoping to be reminded about the A321 being the "largest aircraft in BA's fleet" as I remember seeing last year. Or a single engine being able to power a town the size of Colchester...something like that

I found the write-ups interesting but the aircraft info snippets usually had errors.
Not sure what's really wrong with that comparison as far as a snippet in a magazine goes.

Back of a fag packet calculation suggests the V2500 would probably be good for ~15 MW if it were ever to be used for power generation. That would be enough for 30-40,000 households at off peak consumption rates.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I hear that there are also a few ATCOs on Twitter, some of whom post interesting photos and snippets of information from their work, especially at Heathrow.

TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
I hear that there are also a few ATCOs on Twitter, some of whom post interesting photos and snippets of information from their work, especially at Heathrow.

Also some decent time-lapse photography
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, when you start looking around it gets addictive!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
He is definitely worth following, also his blog is very interesting (for aircraft geeks) although there are only 2 posts on it right now: https://captaindavea380.wordpress.co...rt-2-stopping/

The next post will be on the A380 fuel system.
I second this, incidentally he used to be on the A318 CW LCY service I think one of the launch crews but from one extreme to the other
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:45 pm

I mentioned to a member of CC that I followed Captain dave on a flight to SIN, he came out of the flight deck for a good bit and had a great chat.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:18 am

And of course Mark Vanhoenacker, BA Senior First Office and Author of the beautiful "Skyfaring", is on twitter https://twitter.com/markv747
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
The BA Pilots on twitter are universily great to follow - and unmistakably 'British Airways' pilots. Informative and friendly.

Actually makes me want to train up and become a pilot

I feel for them a bit as they do take a bit of a bashing for BA's failures in other areas sometimes.

Does beg the question - how many pilots do BA have?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Does beg the question - how many pilots do BA have?
About 4200 total at the moment.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 12, 2017 at 10:15 am
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
The BA Pilots on twitter are universily great to follow - and unmistakably 'British Airways' pilots. Informative and friendly.

Actually makes me want to train up and become a pilot

I feel for them a bit as they do take a bit of a bashing for BA's failures in other areas sometimes.
I have to say I haven't had any of that yet. I'm pretty small time though and I'm definitely not keen on blurring the lines and becoming an official BA tweeter.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Jumbodriver
I have to say I haven't had any of that yet. I'm pretty small time though and I'm definitely not keen on blurring the lines and becoming an official BA tweeter.
I guess it's quite a responsibility as it's all public record.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice fun on twitter at least it has a use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.