Wiki Posts
Search

SIN lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
SIN lounge access

I have always assumed in SIN that because there is a BA lounge I don't have access to the Qantas lounge as a GCH. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Monkie

Last edited by flyingmonkie; Sep 5, 2017 at 5:29 am
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:47 am

No, you can access the QF lounge, and I recommend you do as its much nicer than the BA one ^
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
In a word - no! BA Gold/OneWorld Emerald can access any OW member operated First or Business lounge as long as they are departing on a OW-operated flight same day.

I rather like the Qantas lounge in SIN, nice food offering.

(There is some nuance to that, which I am sure someone will be along to explain shortly)
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:50 am

No, you can access either ^

I think a lot of the advantage will be eroded come March when they reroute the London flight through Singapore, as the lounge will get pretty busy with an A380 in transit. But why not try both next time and see what you think!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by sammyg901
I think a lot of the advantage will be eroded come March when they reroute the London flight through Singapore, as the lounge will get pretty busy with an A380 in transit. But why not try both next time and see what you think!
And they are also up-gauging MEL-SIN from A332 to A380 too.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Oh I do feel a fool! Have aways been disappointed with food in BA lounge. Will definitely give the Qantas one a go next time as I love their SYD lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:53 am

GCH can access the QF lounge in SIN - I suggest you do as the food is much better than the food in the BA Lounge or the Concorde broom cupboard.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Same at many other airports - the BA lounge is not always the best choice for a BA Gold...even Heathrow at Terminal 3, you're better off in the Cathay First lounge (except, possibly, at breakfast time...).

Always check the OneWorld options before just heading for whatever BA provide!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ratypus
Same at many other airports - the BA lounge is not always the best choice for a BA Gold...even Heathrow at Terminal 3, you're better off in the Cathay First lounge (except, possibly, at breakfast time...).

Always check the OneWorld options before just heading for whatever BA provide!
I was under the impression (I think from my Silver days) that if there was a BA option then I had to use it. Now I have been corrected I shall be exploring!

Is this the same in, for instance, HKG when flying Qantas I can use the Cathay lounge?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:42 am

Yes...best to use the Cathay lounges in HKG - unless you especially want to save yourself a longer walk to the gate afterwards.

Qantas lounge in LAX is also the best choice, even if flying on BA.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ratypus
Yes...best to use the Cathay lounges in HKG - unless you especially want to save yourself a longer walk to the gate afterwards.

Qantas lounge in LAX is also the best choice, even if flying on BA.
It's the only choice (at TBIT)!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:51 am

Yes, I forgot BA don't actually do their own First/Gold lounge in LAX...which would make it even more of an error to go to the BA "regular" lounge as a GCH!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
I was under the impression (I think from my Silver days) that if there was a BA option then I had to use it. Now I have been corrected I shall be exploring!

Is this the same in, for instance, HKG when flying Qantas I can use the Cathay lounge?
im silver and I've used the Cathay and qantas lounge in HKG and in SIN.

i don't like the food in the BA lounges so always go elsewhere for food if possible. E.g. When had a PriorityPass I used the Star lounge next door.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Also, the BA/QF lounges at SIN are literally next door to each other so take your pick. I always use the QF lounge, much roomier, and better food. Only downside is that they don't call the BA flight.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pablol
Also, the BA/QF lounges at SIN are literally next door to each other so take your pick. I always use the QF lounge, much roomier, and better food. Only downside is that they don't call the BA flight.
Yup, have always walked past it with a slightly wistful feel. No more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.