Wiki Posts
Search

C and J Seats in WT+

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
C and J Seats in WT+

It looks like quite a few solo passengers travelling in WT+ are choosing the aisle seats C and J.
Whilst there's nothing to stop them it does look like they are doing so with the hope that no one will choose A and J. The cabins I checked have virtually all the centre row's aisle seats free.

I would have hoped that solos would have to do like in many theatres and cinemas and not be able to leave a single seat, thereby restricting many other groups of two or more.

Moan over!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:09 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
If they're anything like me they want to be able to see out the window without having to inconvenience anyone to get up to go to the toilet/stretch legs.
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
WT+ is almost always full so if this is happening it's rather pointless
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:43 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
If I do this it's because I hate not being in an aisle seat and prefer not being in the centre. No conspiracy involved
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
It was just a moan as it leaves us centre seats with a stranger beside one of us. You never know who that might be!
Edit now added as I was only joking.

Last edited by Stormbel; Sep 3, 2017 at 5:20 pm
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Stormbel
It was just a moan as it leaves us centre seats with a stranger beside one of us. You never know who that might be!
Its public transport.There are plenty of private aircraft for hire.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Blue
Narrator: In a large, eastern city, a demon is on the loose. The people are terrified, the police baffled. With diabolical cleverness, the monster strikes without warning... and draws moustaches on all the ads. No one knows who this fiend is. It could be you. It could be me.

Daffy Duck: But it happens to be me! From Daffy Doodles 1946

While its unlikely to be Daffy Duck, one golden rule is never turn your back on him, I'm not sure why "you never know who it might be" is such a worry?

DMF
Calchas likes this.

Last edited by DeadManFlying; Sep 3, 2017 at 10:03 am Reason: Forgot to cit source
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
so what does the OP think of the practice of couples booking A+C or D+F on short haul flights where the seats are 3-3. I would think burnt at the stake considering how annoying singles booking C or J in WT+ is.
amanx and jah718 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Stormbel
People travel on their own in WT+, this happens all the time particularly on business heavy routes. Do you think someone with status would select a middle seat when an aisle is available?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:10 am

Depends on the aircraft. On the 787, for example, knowing WT+ is usually full, a better solo strategy would be to pick a D or F seat. That way you get direct aisle access and a less than 50% chance that someone is going to ask you to move.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Depends on the aircraft. On the 787, for example, knowing WT+ is usually full, a better solo strategy would be to pick a D or F seat. That way you get direct aisle access and a less than 50% chance that someone is going to ask you to move.
Quite, it's what I normally do. FLY seat blocking often helps keep the middle free, especially if you pick an F seat with the D occupied by another cardholder.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Ahem.

There is no C seat in WT+ in any current BA longhaul aircraft.....

Originally Posted by rapidex
Its public transport.There are plenty of private aircraft for hire.
OP raises an interesting point. Single travellers blocking one seat of each WT+ pair, needlessly forcing couples to have to split up. How about addressing that instead ?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Ahem.

There is no C seat in WT+ in any current BA longhaul aircraft.....

OP raises an interesting point. Single travellers blocking one seat of each WT+ pair, needlessly forcing couples to have to split up. How about addressing that instead ?
I was referring to the stranger beside us and not knowing who it might be.On public transport you cannot vet the others travelling in the same cabin.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I respectfully don't agree with the OP and think it's very normal and nothing to be alarmed about having a stranger sat next to you.

I'm a solo traveller and if an aisle seat is free and I want one on the window pairs why not, first come first served?

There are lots and lots of solo travellers in WT+ so I don't think making assumptions is right as folks like easy aisle access. As I am getting older I now prefer an aisle seat. If theoretical seating kicks in then I'd be daft not to choose say a pair in WT+ as the seat next to me might be kept free or even deploying Swanhunters strategy.

** The same principle would then also apply to Club World passengers so are they being rude/selfish by booking 2 aisle pairs if needed, that's what they want? So it's not really just a WT+ issue. YMMV as always.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
If you dont want someone sat next to yu, bring your guitar and pay for a seat.

WT+ single passengers have a right to pay for and choose a seat that they like.

If a couple want s to sit together, pay for seats..

I was travelling alone in WT+ in seat I paid for. A couple boarded who hadnt bothered to spend the money on seats together then asked me to move. No, I am not giving up my aisle seat that I paid for, for your wife's middle seat.
cosmo74 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.