Wiki Posts
Search

Bronze for how long?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: F
Bronze for how long?

My understanding was that a move up in status lasted for the rest of the Tier Point year in which it was achieved, and the whole of the year after that. But there are now two individuals in the family:

(A) TP year ended 8 May 17, old card expiry date 30 June 17, achieved Silver in August 17, now has Silver card until 30 June 19. Consistent with above.

(B) TP year ended 8 Aug 17, old card expiry date 30 Sept 17, achieved Bronze in August, now has Bronze card only until 30 Sept 18. Will B get another Bronze card next year automatically? Or do BA consider that since it has issued a card with a full year validity, that is sufficient?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Not to sure?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Was Bronze achieved before 8 Aug 17? If so it should be valid until 30 Sep 19.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Was Bronze achieved before 8 Aug 17? If so it should be valid until 30 Sep 19.
The TP counter will have reset at midnight on 8 Aug 17. TPs earned before 9 Aug 17 count towards status until 30 Sep 18, those earned after 8 Aug 17 count towards status until 30 Sep 19. The status starts when the TPs have been accumulated, so if someone managed to earn status between 8 Aug and 1 Sep it would be good from when the TPs posted to 30 Sep of the following year.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
When in august were all the flights taken to get to bronze. All after august 8tb? Or were the flights all before august 8th? Or some before and some after. If some before and some after then it is possible that they got an e tension on tbeir old year to get to bronze. The only case i would expect bronze to be till 2019 is if the did all 300 teir points after august 8th 2017. Did that happen?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Sorry for the delay in replying, got distracted!

All the Bronze flights were after 8th August, so AFTER the TP reset date but BEFORE the old blue card expiry date. Just odd that the Bronze card is valid to 2018 whilst the Silver goes to 2019.

BA have issued the Bronze card with a duration greater than 12 months, and I suspect that is all B may be getting.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
If ALL the bronze flights were after August 8th then you should be bronze until 2019. The card may well be issued only until Sep 2018 and then next year you will get a new card till Sep 2019. Does the account of the bronze card holder say they have more than 300 Tier Points?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Was B Silver before and downgraded to Bronze.

MY TP year ends on 8 Sept last year I had a Silver Card that expired on 31 Oct 2016 but I didn't requality for Silver so I was "downgraded" to Bronze. However within 2 weeks I had got 360 TP so qualified for Bronze so should have got it for the whole of the remainder of that year which was 11 months and the whole of this year i.e card expiry Oct 18. The car expired on Oct 16. I queried this and was told ai had got one year status as a downgrade and on my renewal 8 Sept 2017 they would see that I had qualified and would have got it for another year. A moot point in my case as I went to Silver in November and just got Gold.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
If ALL the bronze flights were after August 8th then you should be bronze until 2019. The card may well be issued only until Sep 2018 and then next year you will get a new card till Sep 2019. Does the account of the bronze card holder say they have more than 300 Tier Points?
Yes, 350
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Was B Silver before and downgraded to Bronze.

MY TP year ends on 8 Sept last year I had a Silver Card that expired on 31 Oct 2016 but I didn't requality for Silver so I was "downgraded" to Bronze. However within 2 weeks I had got 360 TP so qualified for Bronze so should have got it for the whole of the remainder of that year which was 11 months and the whole of this year i.e card expiry Oct 18. The car expired on Oct 16. I queried this and was told ai had got one year status as a downgrade and on my renewal 8 Sept 2017 they would see that I had qualified and would have got it for another year. A moot point in my case as I went to Silver in November and just got Gold.
No, B was a Blue before, but your experience is still an interesting parallel otherwise.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:15 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Have you checked the expiry on your account page on ba.com? That should accurately reflect what the system will do in a year's time. If that matches the card, you need to query this. If it shows a 2019 expiry, you don't have a problem.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:19 am

Probably best to aim for silver if you can. Off the top of my head, the Bronze benefits are modest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.