Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Craig777
Had the new bedding on Tuesday's BA2204 from Punta Cana to Gatwick

Old catering still I presume?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No new catering at LGW until next year.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Are there any expected launch dates for the new catering to anywhere else?

I'm specifically interested in SCL in November.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m sure there will be more but no information at the moment.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Had the "new" bedding and catering experience for the first time on my LHR-ORD on Monday.

Bedding

I did not particularly like the bulky thing they give you, which inevitably ends up in the lockers for take off. Particularly, why do we need 3 pieces? I assumed a mattress + duvet would do? All in all, it did not make any difference.

Catering

Quite slow to start. I did not get the need for showing the appetizers on a plate, it just slows down even further the service and adds litte value. On the other hand I did like the wines on the trolley, that's a nice touch.
I avoided the main (I usually never eat on board). Had salmon as appetiser and lemon tart as dessert. Both nice.

All in all I did not notice anything drammatically better (or worse) than before. I am looking forward to experiencing a new hard product, that's what BA needs ASAP.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m interested that you say that you like the wines on the trolley with the new service as they have always been on show on the trolley.
Did you order the express option which is starter, salad and dessert or cheese which can be served all at the same time?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I did LHR-PHX and back 10 days ago ish. No trolley service either way, one starter, one dessert, ( I had cheese both ways cos I like it! ) V good crew on upper deck on way out, slept most of the return on lower deck, service slower then as flight v full.

The mattress thing just ended in a crumpled heap around me, Couldn't quite work out the point of blanket and duvet, I just used the duvet and then had to stuff the blanket down side of seat on lower deck.

Food noticeably better ex LHR than ex PHX.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GOLD - AF Platinium
Upgrade catering? Very disappointing....

just try the "new and upgraded" catering from LHR to YUL.
all this communication and marketing for this? Very ridiculous!

first of all, no new trolley or change in service in my flight... I think the previous one was better.
crew asked me aperitif, starter, main, wine, water at the start and all together.. Not ask if several starter is possible. "YOU HAVE to choose asparagus OR salmon OR soup OR salad"
- aperitif (champagne) serve in nice glass with nuts (improvement from previous nut sachet)
- tray arrived with all times pre filled: asparagus, water (nice glass), wine (so you don't see the bottle, nor to taste it...), small bread which not fitting in metal basket (!!!), and the best... Salt and pepper in paper sachets... Wahoo, business class standard.
- quite some times to wait for the main (eat 4 asparagus didn't take 25 minutes)
- main THE beef (over cooked as usual)
- one refilled of wine
- ask for "your choice of ONE dessert and tea or coffee "
- cheeses plate (improvement with 3 pieces and better presentation)

In all, BA has improved its catering: from extremely average to very average.
the Plus:
- better glasses, better presentation of nuts
- little improvement on starter presentation
- better cheeses
the Minus
- zero change on everything else (it's not bad, it's just BA). I saw nothing about the "upgraded luxurious new service "

does it the "new new" service or I just a bad luck with this flight?
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jean_tongues
just try the "new and upgraded" catering from LHR to YUL.
all this communication and marketing for this? Very ridiculous!

first of all, no new trolley or change in service in my flight... I think the previous one was better.
crew asked me aperitif, starter, main, wine, water at the start and all together.. Not ask if several starter is possible. "YOU HAVE to choose asparagus OR salmon OR soup OR salad"
- aperitif (champagne) serve in nice glass with nuts (improvement from previous nut sachet)
- tray arrived with all times pre filled: asparagus, water (nice glass), wine (so you don't see the bottle, nor to taste it...), small bread which not fitting in metal basket (!!!), and the best... Salt and pepper in paper sachets... Wahoo, business class standard.
- quite some times to wait for the main (eat 4 asparagus didn't take 25 minutes)
- main THE beef (over cooked as usual)
- one refilled of wine
- ask for "your choice of ONE dessert and tea or coffee "
- cheeses plate (improvement with 3 pieces and better presentation)

In all, BA has improved its catering: from extremely average to very average.
the Plus:
- better glasses, better presentation of nuts
- little improvement on starter presentation
- better cheeses
the Minus
- zero change on everything else (it's not bad, it's just BA). I saw nothing about the "upgraded luxurious new service "

does it the "new new" service or I just a bad luck with this flight?
Was the flight full? The way the crew asked the questions made it sound like they may not have enough catering
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BA GOLD - AF Platinium
Almost full... With operational change of plane as often Ito Montreal. (From 3 classes to 4 classes with 8 First seat not used)
but why new service was not applied?
and why these little stupid downgrades like salt/pepper or 3 types bread?
ba is not on good way to really improved its business class.
we (and I) often criticize Air France (and definitely with reason) but I found the food and service much better than BA...
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by jean_tongues
Almost full... With operational change of plane as often Ito Montreal. (From 3 classes to 4 classes with 8 First seat not used)
but why new service was not applied?
and why these little stupid downgrades like salt/pepper or 3 types bread?
ba is not on good way to really improved its business class.
we (and I) often criticize Air France (and definitely with reason) but I found the food and service much better than BA...
Sometimes if the flight itself is not long enough, then some service aspect might need to be altered in order to fit in.
But never to the extent of not allowing passengers to choose more than one starters/desserts...unless they really went short on catering.
Not perfect I know
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.

My first experience today

my pictures say it all

Despite a boeing 777-200 ; great mixed fleet attentive crew

liked the new bigger glasses especially for champagne

starters goven a choice but pre seeing them on trolley

wine rounds were only once but prompting for fill ups and alternatives readily accrpted

liked the tapas rather than afternoon tea

only complaint crew not seen between meal services but again responded to requests

Didnt try bedding but looked good

6 courses , great presentation
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
I've had the 'new' meal service quite a few times and now, after probably taking longer to realize this than it should have done, I simply don't bother with it anymore on a night flight. Its just too slow, I actually fell fast asleep between appetizers and main course last time, it was a 20.00 dep out of SJC and the appetizers were actually served at 2130 (no turbulence).

The main problem with ex SJC is the lack of decent food in the lounge to enable one to skip dinner altogether, so I normally end up in the wine bar paying for dinner and overpriced wine.

Having said that the new appetizers are almost always excellent and I like the new glassware.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I am hearing on the 1st June we will be starting our new CW service to BOM, HYD, MAA and BLR, DEL to follow later.
This will be fun NOT as the service will be even more difficult to deliver but BA just keeps plowing on regardless.
Forgive me for not reading any further, perhaps you've answered this already, but is everything completed for DEL now (i.e. new catering, bedding and IFE?)

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DEL only has the new bedding not the new catering, I think that the new catering will start when Qatar Airways stops operating one of the flights.
TPRun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.