Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Puts BA CW ahead of AA if my last trip is anything to go by

I had my first opportunity to compare the latest BA/AA services with an outbound upper deck 747 and a return in the mini cabin on an AA 77W which is the nearest equivalent. LHR ORD out and DFW LHR back

Apart from the BA service being too drawn out (which I think is not news) I have to say that the BA experience was better than AA. I do find AA’s seat uncomfortable to sleep on compared to BA’s more padded bed and this is probably the deciding factor on an overnight flight. Nevertheless BA’s food, service, wine and seat comfort are now ahead in my book (lumbar support and headrest adjustable on BA but not on AA) plus usually personalised service/addressed by name on BA but not on AA. IFE and connectivity are now on par. You get less personal space on BA than on AA but that doesn’t tip the balance for me.

So I think BA has certainly caught up with the latest tweaks to CW. Now to see with the next layout if they can establish some leadership at least across the Atlantic. I fear that the current leading standards in the ME/Asia are too high for BA to match.
jimbobjamest likes this.

Last edited by Robespierre; Jun 13, 2018 at 11:11 am Reason: Autocorrect Grrrrrr
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Robespierre
I had my first opportunity to compare the latest BA/AA services with an outbound upper deck 747 and a return in the mini cabin on an AA 77W which is the nearest equivalent. LHR ORD out and DFW LHR back

Apart from the BA service being too drawn out (which I think is not news) I have to say that the BA experience was better than AA. I do find AA’s seat uncomfortable to sleep on compared to BA’s more padded bed and this is probably the deciding factor on an overnight flight. Nevertheless BA’s food, service, wine and seat comfort are now ahead in my book (lumbar support and headrest adjustable on BA but not on AA) plus usually personalised service/addressed by name on BA but on not in AA. IFE and connectivity are now on par. You get less personal space in BA than on AA but that doesn’t tip the balance for me.

So I think BA has certainly caught up with the latest tweaks to CW. Now to see with the next layout if they can establish some leadership at least across the Atlantic. I fear that the current leading standards in the ME/Asia are too high for BA to match.
Great to hear this feedback. I have my first new CW flight in a few months and I'm actually excited about it. I'm with you about the personal space. Maybe I'm not picky enough, but having to occasionally get something from the overhead bin is not a dealbreaker for me. It was nice to have the mini desk on my EK J flight, but it hardly turned my flight from good to great (food and service on EK were fine but nothing out of the ordinary).
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
I'm on the Amman flight next week, I understand that the new bedding is included but seeing as it's the mid haul a321, and a day/evening flight, is this definitely confirmed? Also, won't this potentially rob a lot of space from the overheads in J?

I'm guessing that the catering will not be updated, frankly with the smaller galley I'm not expecting the moon on a stick anyway.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
I'm on the Amman flight next week, I understand that the new bedding is included but seeing as it's the mid haul a321, and a day/evening flight, is this definitely confirmed? Also, won't this potentially rob a lot of space from the overheads in J?

I'm guessing that the catering will not be updated, frankly with the smaller galley I'm not expecting the moon on a stick anyway.
The plan is these will move to the new club service when the routes move to MF in September-ish
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Avis Preferred, Hilton Honors Silver
Just pre-ordered meals for LHR-SIN flight (in July) and noticed only 3 main options. Does this mean SIN will have the new catering by then? The Wiki shows it only having new bedding.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:46 am

Does anyone know if the new service to LAX is working ok? Flying soon and quite looking forward to it.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold
Does anyone have a CW menu US-LHR for June?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Originally Posted by ChrisMcP
Does anyone know if the new service to LAX is working ok? Flying soon and quite looking forward to it.
I flew out on BA269 last week and it was my first experience of the 'New" club world and I have to say it really does make a difference. The quality of the bedding is very good especially the pillow which is quite supportive. The new amenity kit is a lot neater and smarter looking much better than the old shoe bag type things. The only downside was the meal service was very drawn out. It must have been well over 90 mins after departure before the starter trolley came round. Though it didn't really matter on a 10 hour flight as I was trying to stay awake to be on LAX time upon arrival. Here is a copy of the menu if you are interested (well just the food its a bit difficult to photo all of it in the new format.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Am flying for work LHR - BKK - LHR CW in November (Not by choice). Looking through it looks like we have new bedding but anyone know if new catering will be on this route by then ? Have read/heard the 772's used are pretty battered on this route for some reason - anyone with any recent experiences ?? Cheers All !
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:59 am

Flew this weekend to JFK with the genuinely new Do&Co catering. The food was the best airline food I had ever tasted. Having flown a few weeks prior to PHL with the old food on new plates there is a marked difference on the JFK route and I will make extra effort to route through JFK in the future. It is a shame that BA now have this inconsistency, one of the crew members informed me it is because Do&Co are only available at some stations. However, this is not a reason for all LHR departures not taking their catering.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Am flying for work LHR - BKK - LHR CW in November (Not by choice). Looking through it looks like we have new bedding but anyone know if new catering will be on this route by then ? Have read/heard the 772's used are pretty battered on this route for some reason - anyone with any recent experiences ?? Cheers All !
I don’t know anything official but I think that the BKK route will have the new catering by the time you travel.

smokie36 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Mutu

A BIG improvement that could actually get me picking J over F on shorter hops frankly...
Interesting. My last long hauls with the new CW catering have all been in F, either by choice or upgrade. I will definitely look again at booking CW (and trying to keep it!) on my next trip to EWR so that I can properly try out the new service. I trust your opinion
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is the the new service on LHR outbound flights only? I have a DFW-LHR trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Flying CW from DFW to LHR but WT+ on the return. Was hoping to experience the new service and bedding. Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Clareym66
Any idea how soon on the LGW routes? I’m off to Toronto on 26th June!
You may get a new washbag - I got one on this route in May. Old bedding and sorry to say frankly terrible food. You may be lucky and get one of the refitted 777's though. My August YYZ-LGW flight has been changed to one.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by DallasTX_Traveller
Is the the new service on LHR outbound flights only? I have a DFW-LHR trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Flying CW from DFW to LHR but WT+ on the return. Was hoping to experience the new service and bedding. Thanks!
The new service is on all LHR flights to and from the USA and Canada.
DallasTX_Traveller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.