Wiki Posts
Search

Avios cancellation fee for OW partner

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Avios cancellation fee for OW partner

Just double checking if I cancel an Avios redemption for a Oneworld flight. The charge is the same as a BA Avios redemption cancellation £35 plus I get all my Avios back?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Slotski
Just double checking if I cancel an Avios redemption for a Oneworld flight. The charge is the same as a BA Avios redemption cancellation £35 plus I get all my Avios back?
Yes, though if you happen to pay less than £35 in fees they just retain whatever you paid and don't charge the difference. (e.g. an AA domestic flight might only have £7 in fees - you'd get your avios back but no cash, so it would have cost you £7.)
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Slotski
Yes, as long as it is cancelled more than 24 hours before the flight you get your avios back and the cancellation fee is £35 per person. The cancellation fee is taken from the taxes/fees/charges you paid. If the TFC you paid was less than £35 you will just lose the TFC you paid, you will not be asked to cure the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.