Wiki Posts
Search

Changing a flight tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Changing a flight tomorrow

I'm currently booked on the 1910 BUD-LHR but would like to change to the 1640 if possible.

Tried to change it in MMB and its not offered but a dummy booking shows availability on the earlier flight.

Travelling CE what is the best way to go about changing?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
if you have a flexible ticket then call BA to change it. If you don't have a flexible ticket it's bad news. Non-flexible tickets do exactly what they say on the tin.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
if you have a flexible ticket then call BA to change it. If you don't have a flexible ticket it's bad news. Non-flexible tickets do exactly what they say on the tin.

My ticket is I class whatever that means.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smokie36
That's unlikely to be flexible.

If you try and do a quote to change in MMB what does it quote? It will probably be a change fee and fare difference (very likely as there is probably no I class for the earlier flight). If you don't want to cough up stay where you are.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If bought recently it may be flexible on the day of travel. CE has recently allowed this in some circumstances, and since I'm sure you followed the oft repeated advice here and sent a copy of the booking confirmation screenshot off to Google Docs, you'll find out there whether same day change is allowed. If not MMB should be a bit more helpful than suggested above. Have you already amended the booking in the past perhaps? Otherwise it's likely to be the usual change fee (£100 typically) plus fare difference, which if you haven't flown one sector already is likely to be expensive.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If bought recently it may be flexible on the day of travel. CE has recently allowed this in some circumstances, and since I'm sure you followed the oft repeated advice here and sent a copy of the booking confirmation screenshot off to Google Docs, you'll find out there whether same day change is allowed. If not MMB should be a bit more helpful than suggested above. Have you already amended the booking in the past perhaps? Otherwise it's likely to be the usual change fee (£100 typically) plus fare difference, which if you haven't flown one sector already is likely to be expensive.

The posts I have seen on same day CE changes were the main reason for my post.

This is the return leg of my journey, booked six weeks ago.

Sadly no screenshot so maybe I am best to just ask at check in as I will be arriving at the airport very early in the afternoon?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is the return leg of my journey, booked six weeks ago.
That may be a little too far back. BA did just slip this in without an announcement, which seemed strange, overall it's a positive development. If MMB had been working in this area then the only reliable clue you get is doing the change on the day and at the final quote it would say it is free.

The other thing you could do is check the fare basis via this link (e-ticket tab) and ExpertFlyer:
https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
or ask someone here if you don't have EF, we would need the date of purchase.

They can indeed change it airport, but I would assume a £60 - £100 fee plus.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks cws.

My flights were booked on 22nd July if that helps.

So basically I need to check MMB this evening?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:33 am

So basically I need to check MMB this evening?
After midnight, local time, so CET in this case. Sometimes you need to wait a few minutes. If MMB isn't showing anything helpful now (e.g. cost of changes) then I'm not confident it will improve after the witching hour.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

I'm not seeing an option to change to the earlier flight at all on MMB paid or otherwise.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:50 am

I'm not seeing an option to change to the earlier flight at all on MMB paid or otherwise.
At the bottom right of the screen?

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

At the bottom right of the screen?

Sorry I meant on the actual page. All I see is the flight I am already booked on.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sorry I meant on the actual page. All I see is the flight I am already booked on.
When you go in MMB are there none of the options shown in cws's screenshot at the bottom of the page?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:40 am

It may be easier if you could show (or describe) what is in the bottom of the screen where you are on, or any other navigational information that will help us understand what you are looking at.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:53 am
Original Poster

It may be easier if you could show (or describe) what is in the bottom of the screen where you are on, or any other navigational information that will help us understand what you are looking at.
I can see the change flight booking options for different days cws its just not showing as available for that flight is all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.