Search

Purchased First - Rebooked Economy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
Purchased First - Rebooked Economy

Hi all,

I am sitting in Manila having just been informed that by CX connection, purchased through BA, has been delayed. It was due to leave about 8 PM but now will not leave for HKG until 55 minutes later. This means the time to get my BA flight, HGK to LHR, is too short and they have rebooked me in Economy on a CX flight which leaves at 04:10.

Am I totally wrong in thinking I will be upgraded back to First at some point, or am I stuck with Economy?

For the record, I had a First (Full Fare) ticked all the way
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Tell them you want the cabin booked, don't just hope
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you willing to wait for FC space on a later flight if necessary?

IMO you really need to raise a fuss and make sure that the GA or other agent helping you is aware that you purchased a FULL FC ticket.

OTOH, if it's really a FULL F fare, it's probably fully refundable so I you might be able to take the refund and rebook yourself on the flight of your choice, but you might forfeit TPs if you do this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I have tried calling BA but their offices are closed - so I guess I will have to wait until I get to the airport tonight and see.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This has nothing to do with this at this point. IRROPS on the day of travel are the responsibility of the carrier causing the delay. That is CX.

Why is CX offering you a reroute in Y? Is F booked on the flight? Is there some other reason?

If the flight is booked, nobody can help you, but you should simply ask to be booked on an F service. That may be down the road a bit.

If there is some other reason, we need to know what that is in order to provide advice.

If indeed you do fly in Y, you will be due a refund from BA for the fare difference.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by EK004 Regular
Thanks, I have tried calling BA but their offices are closed - so I guess I will have to wait until I get to the airport tonight and see.
You could try this?

A tool for finding which BA offices are currently open

http://app1-baft.rhcloud.com/finder.php

I woudn't wait unti you get to the airport. There have been threads on here before with similar situations. It's best to be pro-active now and unfortunately I have no real expertise in these matters but I am sure someone will hopefully be along shortly t give you some sage advice and perhaps specifics, what is available for re-booking so you can go armed with your options when you get through to BA.

That's my understanding but just the very basics.

Good luck!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Be aware of all the other delays and potential for more distribution due to the typhoon hitting HK right now ...
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all,

Its very strange, I recieved a text last night from CX saying that my flight has been delayed, I then tried to check in and it wouldnt let me, using the BA app. Went to the BA site, and my original flights were crossed out in red, and new flights in their place but the HKG LON leg in Economy.

The only BA centre open is in the US at the moment, so I will just have to wait for another to open as I don't fancy spending ages on my mobile to the US from Manila!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Be aware of all the other delays and potential for more distribution due to the typhoon hitting HK right now ...
I had the other one coming out, so why not have one going back too!

Oh well................
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks all,

Its very strange, I recieved a text last night from CX saying that my flight has been delayed, I then tried to check in and it wouldnt let me, using the BA app. Went to the BA site, and my original flights were crossed out in red, and new flights in their place but the HKG LON leg in Economy.

The only BA centre open is in the US at the moment, so I will just have to wait for another to open as I don't fancy spending ages on my mobile to the US from Manila!
I always use Skype - much cheaper. Good luck- I hope you sort this out.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
... they have rebooked me in Economy on a CX flight which leaves at 04:10.
I would definitely make some calls sooner rather than later to try and sort this out.

Just so you know, the 04:10 CX flight looks to be a 3-class plane (business, premium economy and economy), so no first in any case.

In the worst case the CX agents the lounges in HKG have always been good in sorting out problems I have had. ExpertFlyer isn't showing much availability in either First or Business though at the moment for Aug 28th - but that could also be because they have tied down the space to help witht rebookings after earlier typhoon (just my (hopeful) guess).
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Things are tight out of HKG atm, still recovering from the typhoon. Some options that may help:

- If you must have F and can wait 24 hours, the BA27 (777) tomorrow has 1 F seat.
- If you're willing to downgrade to J and connect in DOH then Qatar have a flight leaving at 1am, arr LHR 12noon.
- FinnAir have J seats on 359s leaving at 00:25 via HEL, arr LHR 9am.

I'd not be waiting until you get to HKG, you'll need to sort it now. Skype will make that call a lot cheaper. CX are normally pretty good during irrops.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

I have found a toll free number which I am calling from the Hotel, so far I have been on hold for 45 minutes!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I have found a toll free number which I am calling from the Hotel, so far I have been on hold for 45 minutes!
If you don't get anywhere in the next 20 mins, perhaps switch to the You First line which should open then.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:10 am

I would get in contact with CX asap

This needs to be sorted quickly or they think you are agreeing to what they are offering you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.