Wiki Posts
Search

Is BA on a charm offensive?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by lhrtolgw
There was a spate of people being upgraded for a Golden Ticket. Perhaps this is the new approach adopted by certain people.
When was this? This is the first I've read of such.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
What I don't quite understand is that we are told that the CC have to account for everything on/off the trolley (hence the storm in the teacup, also being unable to give anything BoB to CE pax with no meal loaded) so how do they manage to do this without risking some serious repercussions? Or is it really a computer-authorised gesture?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
It's the other way round. CE (without a by-person consumption audit trail) given to ET pax.
Used to happen a lot more often before the lamentable BoB, presumably as crew had more time and it was seen as a more modest pleaser over the ET freebies compared to a big step up from nada
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I suppose they could distribute CE drinks to ET passengers without having to account for it. Nice gesture in the current climate but first I hear of it.

Perhaps one of the crew took a shine to you.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
As a GCH and traveling in Y, I get treated like any non status passengers. Not even a special welcome like I have received from Finnair, Qatar and American Airlines. It is well known you would be more valued as a BA GCH on other OW partners than on BA. Some of the partners would also give you a newspaper, free drinks and snacks. Don't hold your breath, BA has no charm anymore to be able to use it to improve its image.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by firstlight
It's all very hit and miss. With me as a mere silver, Mrs Firstlight and I were given champagne and a nice welcome flying in ET with the firstlight family to USA a few years back.

Nowadays I get welcomed in CW (sometimes) and totally ignored if I am in ET. Contrast that to economy on Qantas last year where I got treated as near royalty.

I really don't mind one way or another but consistency would be good!
Yikes, your family took ET the whole way to the USA? I hope you didn't have to swim for part of the trip as I hadn't been aware that the BA aircraft used on EU routes could go so far.
HMPS and firstlight like this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:50 pm

Alex Cruz controls the issuing of charm at BA, I hope that gives you your answer.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA gold
It seems to be working for me but I'm still not loyal as I was. That said I'm not dreading future BA flights as much as in the recent past. An unexpected gold card renewal, then an op-up here and there and AUP options were much more open to me than in the past are nice sweetners.

Service on board is highly variable on the mixed fleet route between LHR and SYD, some great crews and some possibly the worst I've had on BA in the last 10+ years, so they really need to fix that.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Charms????? Go fish BA in your Bollinger!!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BA6948
As a GCH and traveling in Y, I get treated like any non status passengers.
As a GGL and travelling in J, I get treated like any non status passengers.

Sometimes, I do get very good service, so the above statement is a little harsh but certainly true on occasions and posted to make BA6948 feel a little better than there is nothing personal!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:39 pm

Charm? Once up at the top, now going down towards the bottom. Strange...
andrelux likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
It's BA's little quarks that keep us loyal after all
Weean likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
They are not going down they are trundling along the bottom and have been for a while. It will take more than charm, a tiny bottle of mediocre bubbles or new crockery to get them out of the self inflicted PR disaster they have become
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
As a GGL and travelling in J, I get treated like any non status passengers.

Sometimes, I do get very good service, so the above statement is a little harsh but certainly true on occasions and posted to make BA6948 feel a little better than there is nothing personal!
A quick glance of the iPad the other day on a flight to AGP in y showed the cabin was littered with GCHs.... I think we're not really quite as special as we'd like to think we are.

Maybe the free champagne is offered when we're in a minority. It's happened to me once on a flight back from Budapest. Also, maybe return flights are more likely as the crew will know if they have any spare.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CaroFos
A quick glance of the iPad the other day on a flight to AGP in y showed the cabin was littered with GCHs.... I think we're not really quite as special as we'd like to think we are.
Crushed. ()

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.