Is BA on a charm offensive?

Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
Is BA on a charm offensive?

given the recent negative sentiment towards BA felt by many FF (and infrequent flyers), I am wondering if they are on some sort of charm offensive for GCH/GGL. I've noticed a few folks have posted that when travelling in economy they've been give a bottle of fizz from the trolley.

Now I rarely get an upgrade, and since BoB was introduced I've only ever been given a bottle of water for gratis. However, on today's flight from BHD to LHR, when the trolley appeared the crew gave me a bottle of Castlenau. It was a nice gesture and appreciated.

But this incident, and that it seems to have also happened to a few FT contributors, made me wonder if BA are actually trying to woo us again. Have many people here had a freebie from the trolley while in ET? Just wondering...
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
In answer to the title, I very much doubt it
bafan likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
BA on a charm offensive ........ ??

Have you seen some of the responses from Customer Relations, reproduced here just recently by various aggrieved FT-ers (including some with high level status) ??
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I don't even get a hello, let alone a bottle of bubbly
CaroFos likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
More offensive than charm, I think.
onemoretrip, mrow, T8191 and 8 others like this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
I'll put my free bottle of fizz down to some sort of random computer generated act rather than an attempt to focus on re-establishing some sort of customer loyalty or appreciation!
Pack likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Basically, no.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Exec
Doubtful. Sounds like you just had an engaging SCCM who wanted to demonstrate they personally still care about their customers . With so much bad press and so many service failures, that's good to read.

I'm not aware of any specific company initiative directing managers to give away a small bottles of bubbly. Though maybe they were fishing for a Golden Ticket
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
It's all very hit and miss. With me as a mere silver, Mrs Firstlight and I were given champagne and a nice welcome flying in ET with the firstlight family to USA a few years back.

Nowadays I get welcomed in CW (sometimes) and totally ignored if I am in ET. Contrast that to economy on Qantas last year where I got treated as near royalty.

I really don't mind one way or another but consistency would be good!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:41 am

Is it 1st April already?
HMPS likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wonder what would have happened had you said you'd much prefer a strong cup of tea instead?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I wonder what would have happened had you said you'd much prefer a strong cup of tea instead?
You mean strongER?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Random good luck. I haven't received anything in ET before or after the introduction of BoB
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by OnslowSW7
given the recent negative sentiment towards BA felt by many FF (and infrequent flyers), I am wondering if they are on some sort of charm offensive for GCH/GGL. I've noticed a few folks have posted that when travelling in economy they've been give a bottle of fizz from the trolley.

Now I rarely get an upgrade, and since BoB was introduced I've only ever been given a bottle of water for gratis. However, on today's flight from BHD to LHR, when the trolley appeared the crew gave me a bottle of Castlenau. It was a nice gesture and appreciated.

But this incident, and that it seems to have also happened to a few FT contributors, made me wonder if BA are actually trying to woo us again. Have many people here had a freebie from the trolley while in ET? Just wondering...
There was a spate of people being upgraded for a Golden Ticket. Perhaps this is the new approach adopted by certain people.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Not that I have seen, still the

anything which does not "save" money means they are not doing their job properly
thing going on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.