Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First surprise

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

First surprise

I have been a keen observer of this forum for many years and learnt a great deal from the contributors - many thanks to you all.
Like many I have noticed BAs slide into mediocrity, fortunately todate I have sufferd no major issues unlike some, thats my luck gone then.
My main BA route is six or seven times a year to Mumbai in First, there is no real choice and I dislike routing via the Gulf.
On the most recent trip the outbound flight was typical BA. No greeting from the FSM and ambivalent service from the crew. As I sleep most of the outbound journey having eaten in the CCR, this is no great deal.
It was the inbound flight that astounded me. On boarding the crew were engaing from the off, the FSM was welcoming and then the real shocker, after take off the Captain came round the cabin to say hello to each passenger. Intially I genuinely didnt know what to say as I cannot recall this ever happening before. The service on flight was friendly, attentive but not intrusive which made it one of my best flights on BA. I was not the only one that felt this way the passenger behind me gave out a Golden ticket, unfortunately mine we not to hand otherwise I would have done the same.
This was more like the BA of old, but it is sad that they have slipped so far that what was 'normal' now seems exceptional.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
You don't need to hand one out.. you can submit it online too.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to welcome you to Flyertalk and to BA forum. Thanks for sharing this anecdote, and I very much hope you will have more such trips going forward. The fact the captain came to talk to you is a bit unusual, it is not something that happens on every flight, but it's certainly not unprecedented either. If you're stuck for something to say, I find "any interesting weather patterns en route, captain?" is something for which would know the answer and happy to chat about. More usually a member of the flight crew will be around one of the galleys and they often like to talk to the passengers, perhaps to hear about their travel plans and get restaurant tips and the like. Welcome to the BA board acefreighters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.