Wiki Posts
Search

250 avios for signing up for AerClub

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
250 avios for signing up for AerClub

Long time ago there was an offer to receive 250 avios if you sign up for AerClub. I did sign up and didn't receive anything (I have an avios.com account, said I had and it was used for AerClub).
Recently I received an email, saying "We’d like to extend the opportunity to claim your 250 bonus Avios points when you register with AerClub before 31 August 2017."
Any idea how to get my 250 points, having in mind I have already signed up? Or I shouldn't bother? If I sign up again, saying I don't have an avios.com account will I get the points, and will I have problems with 2 AerClub accounts?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Long time ago there was an offer to receive 250 avios if you sign up for AerClub. I did sign up and didn't receive anything (I have an avios.com account, said I had and it was used for AerClub).
Recently I received an email, saying "We’d like to extend the opportunity to claim your 250 bonus Avios points when you register with AerClub before 31 August 2017."
Any idea how to get my 250 points, having in mind I have already signed up? Or I shouldn't bother? If I sign up again, saying I don't have an avios.com account will I get the points, and will I have problems with 2 AerClub accounts?
Does that explain why I had a 250 Avios bonus on my BAEC account? It only says "special promotion"...
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
We didn't get ours and have also had the sign up email!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC (blue), VS Flying Club (red), Hotels.com (silver!), IHG, Amex, TopCashback, Tesco...
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Does that explain why I had a 250 Avios bonus on my BAEC account? It only says "special promotion"...
Thought I had worked out what that was - registering cards for "instore" collecting - both me and he have received it and I thought it maybe a bit early...now you have me in doubts... Why can't they just give a bit more of a clue as to what these "special promotions" were when the Avios don't post for months. I also have a 500 one described exactly the same - I do keep screenshots and notes of these things so perhaps I will have to revisit them!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC (blue), VS Flying Club (red), Hotels.com (silver!), IHG, Amex, TopCashback, Tesco...
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
We didn't get ours and have also had the sign up email!
Ditto x2
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:31 am

Us too.However young rapidex who has just turned 18 opened an avios account and signed up and got 250 "special promotion",not sure what its for though.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
I chased them through email and Twitter. They're rubbish. Email is ignored, Twitter generates a response but little action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.