Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage Allowance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Virgin Atlantic Silver, Iraq Medal, Afghanistan Medal
Luggage Allowance

My wife and I Are flying Belfast to London Heathrow (Economy) and then Heathrow to Thailand (BKK) in Club. Does anyone know if we will have Club luggage allowance all the way through? The flights are booked as two separate tickets. Many thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Not on 2 separate tickets.

you will have the baggage allowed as per your first ticket on BHD-LHR (HBO or one bag if no status)

Then the standard club allowance for the CW leg (normally 2x32kg)
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm afraid with 2 separate tickets you're only allowed that ticket's allowance, you can't read it over. One ticket would have allowed it all the way through. And you'll have to recheck the bags in LHR too.

If your fare category allows it, have a look at upgrading using Avios one of the Belfast sectors to Club Europe, that would probably nearly pay for itself. If your fare basis is too low (Q, O, G) then you could pay for a POUG (if offered online) or an AUP at the airport for approx £65.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

How long do you have between the flights at Heathrow?

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Virgin Atlantic Silver, Iraq Medal, Afghanistan Medal
Many thanks for the replies.

The Belfast - Heathrow leg was booked using Avios and the Heathrow onwards leg was booked using an Amex 241. We have about 5 hours between flights. When I booked on the phone I was told that I couldn't use the 241 from Belfast - only Heathrow.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by burns151

The Belfast - Heathrow leg was booked using Avios and the Heathrow onwards leg was booked using an Amex 241. We have about 5 hours between flights. When I booked on the phone I was told that I couldn't use the 241 from Belfast - only Heathrow.
Hi,

At least you have plenty of time to collect your bags and recheck in.

I would have thought you could have used the 241 from Belfast but more expert people might be able to confirm this

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by burns151

You were incorrectly advised there unless there is some factor not mentioned. You could call in and see if they can change that, though ironically it may probably cost a fair bit more due to the taxation difference.

If this doesn't work, just ask them to change the booking to CE, you'll get the higher baggage allowance fairly efficiently that way, plus lounge access at BHD, which will start the trip very nicely. One way is sufficient for the baggage applying in both directions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.