Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

EDI-LGW-GOA became GLA-LGW-GOA at last minute

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDI-LGW-GOA became GLA-LGW-GOA at last minute

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They called her??!!! Goodness, nearly dropped the laptop when I read that. Maybe she's a secret Prem.

Yes, if she had just set off, and therefore the trip time was broadly in line with the original plan then it's not looking good for EC261 compensation. But hopefully she won't be out of pocket.

I'm still trying to work out how a post-grad student - oops academic - didn't know that Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland, but still.
I wasn't with her, the wrong side of the morning. She said they called. For a peaceful existence I know when to pick fights.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
It's why scientists shouldn't be allowed out in general society. While I'm sure she can answer you any number of questions on cancer, genetics and everything in between, ask her to point to Glasgow on a map and it will make you weep.
What do I hear?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by hypercrypt
Should this not still be 50% EU261 compensation due to involuntary denied boarding?
The flight was cancelled so basically everyone was IDBd and so the cancellation provisions of EU261 kick in.

Looks like BA did what the regulations was designed to to - get the passenger to their destination ASAP.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
I suspect they offered her this because anything later from Edinburgh and she would be delayed by 24 hours and thus compensation due under 261.
Call me a cynic, but perhaps they moved her to a flight that she could physically make as soon as possible, so as to get her to her destination as early as possible?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would expect them to reimburse the cost of getting from EDI-GLA especially as it was last minute and she chose to take a bus rather than a taxi.
NeverFirst likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.