Search

Online Booking Bug

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat
Online Booking Bug

Hi all,

Would love some advice. Am trying to book GLA - LHR CE return. In the booking pages it shows the outbound flight as being £114 and the inbound as £100. The footnote says this includes taxes and charges.

When I proceed to the next page it gives me a final charge of £264.92. This is way more that the sum of the outboud and the inbound.

Any advice on how to get this error resolved.

For reference, when I do an Y fare on the same dates the outbound quotes at £36, the inbound at £39 and the total on the next page as £84.16.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Last edited by Bubba911; Aug 17, 2017 at 8:16 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Can you give some dates to check this, otherwise all we can do is speculate / make stuff up.

For the second example, there is usually a bit of rounding going on, so a few quid wouldn't surprise me, £10 would surprise me.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat
I was running the dates outbound 16th Jan, inbound 17th Jan.

With the second example, I saw that as completely normal and expect the small adjustments given tax and other fluctuations. I used the Y example to show that it was functioning properly in that class but not in CE.

Thanks so much for any input.

Last edited by Bubba911; Aug 17, 2017 at 9:09 am Reason: Providing more info.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've had a look at this, and yes, I'm able to replicate it. In fact I am able to replicate it on one way flights too, so what shows on the front screen as £121 turns into £146 on the quote screen. I don't know what the problem is but I would guess that BA are having an IT problem here, since the front screen is a compilation of the source data, and though it is sometimes wrong due to delays between compiles, that typically doesn't last for very long. I checked an EDI-LGW fare and that went from an admittedly infeasible £86 to £111 in CE.

What I then did was look at Amex's reservation system, it too has a front end to a quote database, but of its own construction, and that says from the outset - for the GLA fare - £146.

In other words I think the second screen is correct, but it's not an impressive situation to be in.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:01 am

I'm seeing something similar in a whole range of other fares at the moment, where the front screen pricing is wildly incorrect. So I think BA.com is currently unwell.

However Virgin Atlantic have recently opened a sale up, so BA may not be far behind.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
There also seems to be some weirdness when using a GUF2 to upgrade a booking made with Avios.

For example, using the GUF2 to upgrade a cash booking LAS - NCL with the long-haul being specified at WT+ shows the LAS - LHR sector being in Club World and the LHR - NCL sector being in Club Europe. This is obviously correct.

However, using the GUF2 to upgrade the same flights but with Avios rather than cash shows LAS - LHR in Club World (correctly) but LHR - NCL being in Euro Traveller.

When you then try and get a price the system throws an error suggesting you book alternate flights or call your service centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.