Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brief question: BA 0007 [LHR-HND]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Brief question: BA 0007 [LHR-HND]

Firstly, many thanks for bothering to read this -- I do appreciate it!

Would anyone know which part of T5 -- that is: A, B or C -- does BA 0007 to Haneda tend to fly from? Quite possibly, there is no set concourse it departs from, but in case I'm mistaken I just wondered if this flight did often leave from a particular gate/part within T5?

Many thanks again.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It's currently a 77W, so I'd say 80% T5C, 15% T5B, 5% T5A. But nothing is set in stone, and it doesn't take long to get from one part of T5 to another.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Would be B or C generally, either way you'll want the T5B Galleries Lounges which are much quieter than the main lounges in T5A
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It's unlikely to be A unless it's a coaching gate as I believe the -300 is too long for any of the A gates.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
If you're in the B lounge and then the flight shows up as departing from the C gates is it just a case of going back downstairs to the transit where you got off and carrying on to the C gates?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:54 am

When I flew to HND, we left T5C. That was last year but would assume it would continue from 5C.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA6501
It's currently a 77W, so I'd say 80% T5C, 15% T5B, 5% T5A. But nothing is set in stone, and it doesn't take long to get from one part of T5 to another.
I was about to press the Like button, but I'd probably reduce T5C to 60% and increase T5B to 35% but that's a nuance I guess. Still the shorter version is "no-one knows".

Originally Posted by Gomac
If you're in the B lounge and then the flight shows up as departing from the C gates is it just a case of going back downstairs to the transit where you got off and carrying on to the C gates?
Yes. If you know the Passageway guides (in the Dashboard) then T5B can access all T5 gates, all concourses, within 10 minutes. In the case of T5C you can use the transit or the passageway, the passageway would generally be quicker.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Stravel
When I flew to HND, we left T5C. That was last year but would assume it would continue from 5C.
I'm afraid you assume incorrectly.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

BA6501 / bhbloke / Can I help you / Gomac / Stravel / corporate-wage-slave -- thank you all for the great input! I genuinely appreciate it!

In that case, I'll keep T5C in mind, but be alert to possible changes.

Incidentally, I only chanced on 'the passageway' for the first time in May, en route to T5C, having seen an FT post about it: goodness, there was not one solitary person down there when I took my 80-y-o mum for a little walk to the gate... a far cry from the hordes above!

Thanks all.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I've had the dreaded A10 for this flight a few times as well as random B and C gates.
yellow_peril likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.