Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another lounge etiquette moan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
If it's a paid for lounge, then perhaps they weren't actually flying BA ?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
They must have been status holders as they were in ET for the flight, so any charitable thoughts that perhaps they were flying business for the first time and excited to be in a lounge were gone.

No wonder we have a terrible reputation in stag do hot spots like Prague!
They appeared to be on the OP's flight.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:49 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I really have to laugh at this.
Just because these 4 guys came into a lounge, and decided to have a wee drink - everyone is very quick to cast aspersions. Jesus wept - all they did was take a few bottles of booze, some ice, and have (what sounds like) a jolly wee drink.

I don't see anything AT ALL different from what these guys did, than what lots of you do every day, week, or month in say the CCR or Flounge, where you all sit with "your pals" and quaff back champagne, cocktails and god knows what else, laughing, chatting, and having a good time.

No different.

You all need to give yourselves a good shake, stop judging people, and thinking the world owes you all etiquette, standards and morals. It doesn't.
HIDDY and peanut77 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by travelwithross
Just because these 4 guys came into a lounge, and decided to have a wee drink - everyone is very quick to cast aspersions. Jesus wept - all they did was take a few bottles of booze, some ice, and have (what sounds like) a jolly wee drink.

I don't see anything AT ALL different from what these guys did, than what lots of you do every day, week, or month in say the CCR or Flounge, where you all sit with "your pals" and quaff back champagne, cocktails and god knows what else, laughing, chatting, and having a good time.

No different.

You all need to give yourselves a good shake, stop judging people, and thinking the world owes you all etiquette, standards and morals. It doesn't.
I don't think anyone would take issue if what you said was actually true.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P

No different.

I half agree - annoying behavior? Sure. But it doesn't look like they kept anyone from having a drink or even doing anything they wanted with the bottles (as the OP did move bottles around as well). Complaining about it here as opposed to contemporaneously seems like a bit of whinge.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:32 pm

Funniest part of this story has got to be, "I was so outraged by this behaviour that I decided to have a mid-afternoon scotch to make a point." Most make no such excuses when they dig in.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
This particular complaint about the behaviour of my fellow passengers took place at the Menzies lounge in Prague airport on Monday afternoon,
It's like this most weekends. Were they wearing ""XXX European tour... t-shirts?

Clearly my point was lost on them as half an hour later my husband had to do the same. This time they'd taken the single bottle of sekt to their table too, again letting it go warm and flat. They suggested he might want to pour himself two glasses of it, as otherwise they were going to drink it all. How generous of them!
Sadly it always is with our stag party compatriots! I usually go to the ladies on the front desk and tell them. One thing about Czech women, lovely until you P!ss them off. I've been using that lounge since 2001, these women have more T-shirts then the stag party community put together. One "guest" didn't even get a word out before being ejected from the lounge a little while back.

They must have been status holders as they were in ET for the flight
Don't bet on it. £15 gets you in. It's also a pay for lounge, like the one across the way (Erste or Mastercard). I've observed and without generalising, Pay-for customers seem to attack the bar with more vigor than status customers. It seems to be "I've paid, therefore ... ".

No wonder we have a terrible reputation in stag do hot spots like Prague!
Agreed !!!

Last edited by ComputerCommuter; Aug 10, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador

No different.

If there was a tray of sandwiches, would you take the entire tray back to your table so then there were no sandwiches for anyone? A large bottle of spirits is clearly for general consumption - they should have poured into a glass and come back for top ups as needed. You can't just take all the ice and slowly let it melt just because there's a group of 'lads' on tour!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It sounds as though the lads were good natured and tolerated the OP's passive-agressive behaviour rather well.

A more reasonable action would have been to ask the lounge staff to bring out more refreshments, leaving it to them, the staff, to either comply with the request or retrieve the bottles from the lads' table.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No different.

To be honest witnessing such a thing wouldn't bother me either. Certainly not enough to go posting about it on social media. Then again neither does 99% of the other complaints one sees on this forum.
Social media does seem to be turning us into moaning minnies.
peanut77 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
I troll BA forum sometimes just to read up on these "Oh boys will be boys" (Or is it "Lads will be lads" in British?) responses. It gives me a bit better perspective as to why Britain as a whole is kinda going bananas. lol
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not the best of behaviour in the lounge but IMO hardly the end of the world and certainly not something I would be too bothered about providing I could still get my drink. Mind you, I would probably still post here but less of a complaint but more of a point of interest... after all, isn't that what the forum is about!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:42 pm

Why didn't you just take the bottle over to your table instead?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: gate lice
There's a special place in hell for people who steal the ice bucket.

They should've been kicked out immediately.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by leungy18
There's a special place in hell for people who steal the ice bucket.
Dante would have fun with that. I can't decide if a super cold place, or a super hot place where all the ice melts, would be more fitting.
crazy8534 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.