Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BA one of the most unstable websites?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Is BA one of the most unstable websites?

Currently down. Again. But also I always seem to have all sorts of little issues with it - logging in, password issues (which is then right the second time I log in), etc etc?

Or am I just unlucky?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Working fine for me. Firefox on a Win 7 desktop.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

May I ask what happens when you try and search for flights?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just tried, searched for some flights and produced a quote. All seemed fine.

What specifically is the issue you are getting?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later or call +44 844 493 0787
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bermyandy
Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later or call +44 844 493 0787
One thing to check, for that error, is that your dates are realistic and (e.g) if you want a one-way you've ticked accordingly. But there are several places to search for flights. I've just looked on My Executive Club and it's working fine for me, for both redemptions and revenue searches.

[If you think BA's website is bad, allez voir Air France!]
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Just looking for ways of getting to Copenhagen for the day on Tuesday - either Monday evening out or a day trip

I'm only on apple products - may be the issue
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just did a search for LHR to CPH out and back on 1 August and get that error.

Checking EF I see the only seats available outbound are on BA820 1630-1930 so a daytrip isn't possble, although a b2b coming straight back on BA821 at 2015 may be but would require a call to book since it is exactly on MCT of 45 mins.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've had a problem searching for AEP-USH awards for years as USH was never recognised. Your post prompted me to go and do a search....I don't believe it!!! USH is now recognised as a OW destination. ^
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:02 pm

Working perfectly on an iPad. And I mean perfectly as loads of availability for the date I checked.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:22 pm

As far as airline websites go I find ba.com pretty reliable. Outside the LCCs most are pretty rubbish.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
After my experiences this weekend I'd have to say that ba.com is miserable but Cathay Pacific's website is even worse. I've never understood why management doesn't make it a priority to at least make sure it's easy for people to give money to the carrier when push comes to shove. Trouble searching for availability is one thing (especially both ba.com's six-sector limit and its annoying tendency to think you're over the limit when you're not) but I'm astonished at the number of problems I run into on all airline websites when it comes time to enter the CC number.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I often encounter problems when doing several searches, such as timeouts and annoying reCAPTACHAs.

What I also find very annoying is the reward flight search which automatically resets the number of seats/passengers to 1 all the time.

And when I use my BAEC account to book reward flights it isn't possible to select my OH (who is also a passengers and in my HHA) to pay for the flights.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by florens
I often encounter problems when doing several searches, such as timeouts and annoying reCAPTACHAs.

What I also find very annoying is the reward flight search which automatically resets the number of seats/passengers to 1 all the time.

And when I use my BAEC account to book reward flights it isn't possible to select my OH (who is also a passengers and in my HHA) to pay for the flights.
I find it more annoying it defaults back to Economy every time (probably to avoid the inevitable disappointment !!)
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I find it more annoying it defaults back to Economy every time (probably to avoid the inevitable disappointment !!)
This too, yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.