Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancel & Rebook OR Amend a Reward Flight Saver booking??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi. Have flown plenty of these before but never wanted to amend before travel. I have cancelled but can't remember what I need to know. So, could someone please help.

I have a RFS booking Domestic to LHR then onwards in Club Europe. My booking was made prior to CE being available on what was "domestic". I don't seem to be able to amend this booking online, not due to availability. Website just states needs to be done over the phone.

My questions are:

1. If I cancel online, how long does it takes for my Avios to be re-credited and able to be used again?

2. How much should it cost per person to amend the flights and upgrade the old Domestic to Club Europe. I just mean in terms of offline fees etc, not the Avios needed. I know the extra Avios cost.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. Have flown plenty of these before but never wanted to amend before travel. I have cancelled but can't remember what I need to know. So, could someone please help.

I have a RFS booking Domestic to LHR then onwards in Club Europe. My booking was made prior to CE being available on what was "domestic". I don't seem to be able to amend this booking online, not due to availability. Website just states needs to be done over the phone.

My questions are:

1. If I cancel online, how long does it takes for my Avios to be re-credited and able to be used again?

2. How much should it cost per person to amend the flights and upgrade the old Domestic to Club Europe. I just mean in terms of offline fees etc, not the Avios needed. I know the extra Avios cost.

Thanks in advance
1) cancellation is usually instantaneous avios recredit but sometimes it is a manual process and takes a few weeks.

2) that would be a change so £35 per person and possibly an extra £13 APD.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
I did this just yesterday, although for an international flight...

Can confirm @KARFA comment that you'll be charged a £35 change fee per person, and additional airport tax applies between Econ to CE.

The agent confirmed availability was still there (I had checked online previously), put a hold on two seats that I needed, then proceeded to cancel and then rebook our tickets. Process was instant (I saw an immediate Avios refund then higher charge for my upgrade), and they then pass your card details onto the ticketing team who take the change/additional payment later in the day.

Had a fairly smooth process overall - all I had to make sure is that I had enough Avios in the bank to cover the difference, and the three security digits for the card they already had on file...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.