Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Exec Club website does NOT show availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: co,ba,us,starwood,ua

It seems curious to me that almost every provider of services (airlines,hotel,cellular etc.) encourages their customers to go to their websites to transact business rather than using the phone, the BA website shows no availability, but when you call the Exec Club (after a 20 minute hold) there is plenty of availability. Seems like a combination of lousy customer service as well as faulty website design . All i was trying to do was to fly with my wife.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by labartell
It seems curious to me that almost every provider of services (airlines,hotel,cellular etc.) encourages their customers to go to their websites to transact business rather than using the phone, the BA website shows no availability, but when you call the Exec Club (after a 20 minute hold) there is plenty of availability. Seems like a combination of lousy customer service as well as faulty website design . All i was trying to do was to fly with my wife.
What is it you are searching for? There is a known issue with AA rewards currently not showing up on BA.com, and I think JL reward flights too. There is a thread discussing this and it is mentioned on the issues thread.

Apart from those current issues, and unless looking for EI/AS reward flights, BA.com doesn't usually show anything different compared to what the phone agents see.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
What is it you are searching for? There is a known issue with AA rewards currently not showing up on BA.com, and I think JL reward flights too. There is a thread discussing this and it is mentioned on the issues thread.

Apart from those current issues, and unless looking for EI/AS reward flights, BA.com doesn't usually show anything different compared to what the phone agents see.
Not forgetting CX blocking close in to departure, for fraud reasons (not strictly a BA IT issue, of course).
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: co,ba,us,starwood,ua
I understand

Now i understand. It was for a near term CX flight. Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Not forgetting CX blocking close in to departure, for fraud reasons (not strictly a BA IT issue, of course).
Yes, sorry forgot about that one. There is a thread somewhere discussing it. Are the CX flights bookable over the phone even when blocked online close to the flight?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, sorry forgot about that one. There is a thread somewhere discussing it. Are the CX flights bookable over the phone even when blocked online close to the flight?
Yes, you can in some (most?) occasions of when I have tried. I think it does need a clued-up agent to complete the booking. I failed once when booking HKG-BKK with the Delhi call centre - it was a difficult task for them to comprehend that CX was part of OneWorld - "sorry sir, BA does not fly this route"
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...departure.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.