Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Triggering BA Amex Companion Voucher transaction vs posting date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum

I have until 01 August to trigger my BA Companion Voucher for the year and would like to do so as close as possible to the deadline in order to maximise the usefulness of the voucher.

Can anyone advise if Amex work off the transaction date (i.e. when I use the card) or the date the transaction posts to the account which can be a couple of days after?

MAN-FF
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred from American Express to BAEC forum where there is a higher proportion of UK American Express cardholders.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
I spent my final £800 to take me over £10k on the actual date it said I had to reach the spend by. Although it was pending for three days it still went towards my spend and I got the voucher. It was quite nerve wracking though especially as it was my first ever voucher!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
From experience the date the transaction appears on your account is when the voucher is triggered and very shortly after issued/available in your BAEC account. You don't have to wait to til the statement end before they issue the voucher - which is handy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.