FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Personal Welcome Message (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1854855-personal-welcome-message.html)

HMPS Jul 19, 2017 11:05 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 28578494)
Fully agreed. All the bluster to massage people's ego is unnecessary. A simple welcome is more than enough, and CX seem to get it right most of the time.

+1

Who cares about sporadic name recognition....just give me what is promised and what I pay for and I am a happy pax.

Globalist Jul 19, 2017 11:30 am

On CX it happens almost every flight no matter what class I am in.
On MH it neve happens.

On BA it was always a hit and miss with Long haul leading the way and short haul hardly ever. Last Monday coming in from Singapore in CW the CSD came by just before landing asking if I had a good flight and thanking me for my loyalty.

Globalist

ttama Jul 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Happens quite a lot on short haul for me, but very rarely on long haul especially after I got Gold. Maybe now I'm back to silver they'll start being nicer to me :)

rapidex Jul 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28578500)
You're only storing up trouble for yourself! One day you'll miss your flight and I won't hold back :p:p:p

^:D

Flame3601 Jul 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Got my first "welcome message " on Comair a couple of weeks ago , that took me by shock !

jday Jul 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Before I knew about FT, before I was Gold and before I knew there was an even higher level (GGL) I assumed it was for Golds. Having gotten there now I see it's not the case ha. Never happened on SH for me. Happens extremely rarely on LH. It's a nice touch when it does. Last time it did happen I got a glass of champagne when in WT+ :) seems it's very dependant on the CSM and crew. Last time it happened I'm sure it was just a member of crew and not the CSM.

Sealink Jul 20, 2017 12:53 pm

I've had it on every flight in First.

Also notable on the LGW JER flight to the do. And I'm Gold not GGL!

ATCOlad Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Boarding my first CW flight to JFK as a lowly blue I was greeted warmly by the CSM with "Welcome to Club Mr........" was a nice start to being in the front end. Since becoming Bronze none. On a recent busy CW flight from HKG I watched the CSD reluctantly walk around the cabin for ages reading loads of greetings off his ipad! definitely agree its down to individual CSM/CSDs and there workloads.. Will see how I get on as Silver from next month :-) If this little touch encourages loyalty then why not, You pay out plenty for the ticket.

CKBA Jul 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Very variable: in May 3/4 flights had a welcome (as a Gold) - although one was a couple of days after the first with the same TATL crew. 6 flights in June (3TATL) with not a dickybird...

Temps Jul 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Had a couple of glasses of champagne with a welcome for Mrs T and I on our way to Bologna at Easter in ET, think that was because it was her first flight as a silver, and had a welcome by name and an apology for the IFE not working on our first FIRST from LAS by the cabin manager, but she didn't do the same for anyone else and it was a full cabin.

Only a lowly silver, even received a thank you and goodbye by name as we left the plane.

Upupintheair Jul 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Today. In First to Bos, no welcome to anyone, a new take I guess....

flyingmonkie Jul 20, 2017 9:21 pm

I've had several and always find them quite excruciating...

Only time I've enjoyed it was when I did a ridiculous couple of weeks commuting SYD - SIN three times each week and genuinely recognised and was recognised by the CC!

GentleGiant Jul 21, 2017 12:01 am

Never had a welcome, even as Gold :(

Am I bitter? Never lol

missdimeaner Jul 21, 2017 4:40 am

Never been a problem for me :D
Having said that / I am only a silver and have an often mispronounced surname.
I got a 'welcome to silver' with MrD (whose surname is easy !) - I don't think anyone has ever addressed me by name.
Not that I care, IKWIA ;)

HKGEDI Jul 21, 2017 6:48 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 28586676)
Never had a welcome, even as Gold :(

Am I bitter? Never lol

Truly some people do care their "TITLE" in the air. When I worked as a Flight Purser, some people do complain and make a fuss to me or inflight Service Managers for why no one say hello to them or send a personal message to their PTV.

LoL