Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight BA 884 Heathrow to OTP (Bucharest)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Actually, I have a more nuanced view. I fly in the UA domestic F cabin quite a bit. Sure, the seats are nicer than those in Y (on both BA and UA), but the cabin is almost always full (the result of elites being upgraded. So you have four or five rows of four seats full. I can't remember the last time I had a seat next to me free. Now, if I'm trying to snooze an a three hour flight, that might be a better arrangement, but if it's a sub-two hour flight where I need to work a bit, I actually prefer the empty middle seat to put some paper on, and to create more distance to the next passenger.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
This thread gave me a lot of good laughs. OP - the website is very clear as to what the CE product entails. Did you not read that?
European business class has been like this for a couple of decades at this point. Your expectations were set far different than reality - your fault, not BA's.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LCY8737

The product is a rip off - and the only reason European airlines get away with it is that they all do the same thing and have no incentive to kill the golden goose.
I think the product is perfectly suitable and will continue to use it in the future.....as will many other consumers.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:52 pm

Some fairly predictable replies but you don't get many on board comforts travelling business class in Europe these days

An empty seat next to you and a meal/refreshments worth a tenner at most.

In any case isn't the seat pitch due for further enhancement soon?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:04 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Can everybody be just a little bit nicer to the OP? For someone who has never flown short haul business class on a European carrier before, I think he had perfectly reasonable expectations! Especially if he had previous short haul business class experience outside Europe.

The product is a rip off - and the only reason European airlines get away with it is that they all do the same thing and have no incentive to kill the golden goose.
I thought that the whole thing was a wind-up as I just could not believe what I was reading. The OP has been here quite some time - 2011. With the wealth of information given here, I find this ignorance of European Business Class most surprising. I have no doubt that TK would be delighted to take his money - from what I see too and fro IST, they'll take an awful lot of it as well - and how convenient the waiting time is to change in IST I neither know not care.

Had the post been a bit less hyperbolic, it might have attracted more sympathy. Since F in Europe has not been around for nearly 30 years, it's re-introduction is not even a remote possibility. That fact is that some of us are perfectly happy with it as we remember the days when there was no middle seat left unsold.

I think that LTNPhobia has addressed the question in a most sympathetic fashion, and frankly the reception from others here does not surprise me at all as that was the reaction that it provoked in me.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by simons1
Some fairly predictable replies but you don't get many on board comforts travelling business class in Europe these days

An empty seat next to you and a meal/refreshments worth a tenner at most.

In any case isn't the seat pitch due for further enhancement soon?
A predictable response but yes, in Euro Traveller. The Club Europe seats will be getting a little extra room.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
A predictable response but yes, in Euro Traveller. The Club Europe seats will be getting a little extra room.
So will we be back to the good old days where Y travellers try to get as far forward as they can in the hope that the position of the curtain will mean some economy rows will have extra room?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
The product is a rip off
A rip off suggests some element of fraud or swindle. How is that the case here? It is a product that is well publicised and documented and moreover reviewed in many places on the internet. Armed with sufficient information - that is not in any way hidden - passengers can decide whether it offers value for money and choose to pay for it or not. It's as simple as googling "BA Club Europe".

I'm not suggesting it's great in many areas but neither do I believe it is a rip off.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Oh! That sounds rather good for CE (not said in any kind of sarcastic way, a genuine pleasant surprise).
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
The seats being the same is well known- OP won't find a better intra European J product IMO. At least to OTP he would get a decent meal. That said the lack of priority boarding is poor.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Can everybody be just a little bit nicer to the OP? For someone who has never flown short haul business class on a European carrier before, I think he had perfectly reasonable expectations! Especially if he had previous short haul business class experience outside Europe.

not quite

If bigger seats/pitch used for propper business seats, even if just the ones like AA Pseudo-First across for 5hour plus flights across the USA, then cost goes up, or PR MNL-HKG-MNL etc

The resulting larger $$$ demarcation between J and Y on 1-2.5hr SH inter-europe city flights would result in many such J seats not being paid for, aka hitting market pricepoint resistance.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
The tragedy is that we all have just come to accept that intra-European business class is ridiculous. I suppose there's nothing we can do about it but it is sad that this is just the way it is.
the above post above says it all

and yes my expectations were far too high

as mentioned above > my ignorance (of the joys) of European Business Class travel is complete ;-)

Last edited by #1son; Jul 16, 2017 at 12:16 am
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by #1son
the above post above says it all

and yes my expectations were far too high

as mentioned above > my ignorance (of the joys) of European Business Class travel is complete ;-)
Never mind Dear. You are never too old to learn.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I think the product is perfectly suitable and will continue to use it in the future.....as will many other consumers.
Is there anything that you don't think is perfectly suitable about BA's products and services? I'm genuinely curious! My impression from your posts is that if you were told at checkin for this CE flight to Romania that you'd be seated in the cargo hold upside down I feel like you'd say "that actually seems quite nice, thank you" Then I'd imagine a post that the experience was quite decent and it's really all about getting from point A to B
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Never mind Dear. You are never too old to learn.
I love your dry wit! I don't know if you still work for BA but reading your posts always leaves me with the sense you are a real gem and huge assset to the company!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.