Best GGL Benefit?

Old Jul 12, 17, 11:12 am
  #1  
1
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45
Best GGL Benefit?

What are the advantages of GGL over Gold? I can only see the Jokers as a benefit but do the GGL members find other benefits they would consider valuable?
1 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:15 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Posts: 2,875
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
What are the advantages of GGL over Gold? I can only see the Jokers as a benefit but do the GGL members find other benefits they would consider valuable?
The GGL Team without a doubt. Once they go, the benfit of GGL is definitely diminished.
Airprox is online now  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:16 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,124
All described here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-s-guide.html
KARFA is online now  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:16 am
  #4  
1
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
The GGL Team without a doubt. Once they go, the benfit of GGL is definitely diminished.
Are they definitely going?
1 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:16 am
  #5  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 10,760
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
The GGL Team without a doubt. Once they go, the benfit of GGL is definitely diminished.
Totally, once they are outsourced, we'll not be well served I fear.
Markie is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:18 am
  #6  
1
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
The benefits are all published...the question is what are deemed as valuable above Gold.
1 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:21 am
  #7  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 13,119
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
The benefits are all published...the question is what are deemed as valuable above Gold.
That is a very subjective matter, and one for you to work out yourself. The link above will highlight many if the GGL benefits and you can then decide for yourself which are valuable.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:24 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,839
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Totally, once they are outsourced, we'll not be well served I fear.
Oh for the days of the BMI PTS team that could do *anything*.
Dave_C is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:24 am
  #9  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 13,119
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Totally, once they are outsourced, we'll not be well served I fear.
We cant say that at this stage. Even if there is outsourcing, a GGL Team will still be there, perhaps even the same one.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:25 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,396
Originally Posted by Dave_C View Post
Oh for the days of the BMI PTS team that could do *anything*.
Literally anything
rossmacd is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:36 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,228
Complimentary M&S Percy pigs and mineral water when travelling Economy short haul.
richardwft is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:46 am
  #12  
1
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by richardwft View Post
Complimentary M&S Percy pigs and mineral water when travelling Economy short haul.
Is this always the case or is it dependent on the crew?
1 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 12:03 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,228
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
Is this always the case or is it dependent on the crew?
Needs a Sparks card as well.
richardwft is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 12:25 pm
  #14  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 13,119
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
Is this always the case or is it dependent on the crew?
There are no BoB concessions for GGL, they must pay like everyone else ... but watch this space.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 12:31 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glasgow / London
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Posts: 3,387
Indeed! Alex is apparently looking at it personally...
Filthy Monkey is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: