Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Reward flights USA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Avios Reward flights USA

Has anyone noticed there are no return leg flights from USA to london in September in WTP or CW? none at all?? is something going on that i am missing?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
It's the start of Off Peak season but still good weather wise isn't it?

I suspect they were all snapped up 300+ days ago.

A few may turn up in the intervening, I would be holding your breath though if you have anything hyper specific in mind
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
A really quick search of usual suspects proved CW availability :

NYC-LON 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30
FLL-LON 9, 11, 14, 18, 25
ATL-LON 16, 24, 28
IAH-LON 25, 28
MCO-LON 9,19

Where are you coming from roughly ?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:48 am
Original Poster

i was looking from west coast - so SFO,OAK,LAX etc - but couldn't find any - at NYC - should have said i need 2 tickets. didnt know if was missing anything as there seems to be a few in july/aug but not sept
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
West Coast unfortunately tough every month of the year - especially two tix. Your options are grab at 355 day release - otherwise very close to departure...
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:13 am
Original Poster

ok thanks - sorry one last question - how can i search partner airlines?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by stevietommo
ok thanks - sorry one last question - how can i search partner airlines?
If you are talking about booking awards on partner airlines with Avios, you can search on BA.com. Sometimes flights don't show up, however. If your're trying to book on AA metal you can search AA.com, looking for "Saver Awards." Aer Lingus flights don't always show on BA.com either, so you can search United or Qantas websites for that. In all these cases, if you find awards you will then need to phone BA directly. Is there a particular partner airline you're interested in?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGL
Using Avios.com is a good way to see BA and partner airlines across all classes. It doesn't include Gold Priority benefits in WT (if applicable) but is otherwise a fairly robust solution.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Using Avios.com is a good way to see BA and partner airlines across all classes. It doesn't include Gold Priority benefits in WT (if applicable) but is otherwise a fairly robust solution.
Can you give me a link on how to login to Avios.com. I have Executive Club and IberiaPlus Memberships but can't use either one to login to Avios.com. I haven't had much luck with BA and IB showing AA flights that might be available.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:01 pm

are you in the UK? you need to register for an Avios.com account
AA flights can be checked on the AA website - just tick the "redeem miles" box when searching. Saver Awards availability should be bookable with BA (Anytime not)
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chinook9
Can you give me a link on how to login to Avios.com. I have Executive Club and IberiaPlus Memberships but can't use either one to login to Avios.com. I haven't had much luck with BA and IB showing AA flights that might be available.
As noted in Post #7 , the best way to search for AA award flights bookable with Avios is to search for "MileSAAver" award seats on aa.com: no log-in is required. If the award seats you find do not show up on ba.com, call a BAEC Service Center to book them.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
As noted in Post #7 , the best way to search for AA award flights bookable with Avios is to search for "MileSAAver" award seats on aa.com: no log-in is required. If the award seats you find do not show up on ba.com, call a BAEC Service Center to book them.
Thank you very much.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VX Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
West Coast unfortunately tough every month of the year - especially two tix. Your options are grab at 355 day release - otherwise very close to departure...
Not this year. Generally the availability from OAK in particular has been very good, but there is a tendency to block it 2-3 months out and only make it available for last minute trips a couple of weeks out.

Hence lots of availability at the moment in the next week or two, more sketchy after that, but last month there was a lot less availability in July. Just booked a return in CW for 5, out in July (next week from SJC!), back in August to OAK. In my experience that's almost unheard of in midsummer over the last few years.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by britsv
but there is a tendency to block it 2-3 months out and only make it available for last minute trips a couple of weeks out.
Given the OP is travelling in September, I find this a far more persuasive explanation than the blanket "all seats from all destinations were snapped up 3XX days ago" statements.

Further data points would be useful here, if others have seen the same.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Given the OP is travelling in September, I find this a far more persuasive explanation than the blanket "all seats from all destinations were snapped up 3XX days ago" statements.

Further data points would be useful here, if others have seen the same.
I don't think there's much dispute that BA honours its commitment: providing 2J and 4Y seats per flight and only (with discretion) pulling remaining commitment-seats 30 days out. It may also offer more at a later stage or at late notice, but I fully believe all the original seats have been snapped up, largely at 3xx days.

The particular issue with the US is a large number of Chase card holders. Flying TATL to LON is basically the only way to use their 241 vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.