Search

BA123 to Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA123 to Doha

Good morning all,
My company sneaked me on to this flight later on this month under a QR flight number. I have noticed it seems to be getting cancelled on a regular basis during the strike.
Has anybody travelling in business been caught up in these cancellations and have you simply been moved to the Qatar flight?
If so how far in advance have you been informed?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:27 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I have seen a few people discussing that people have been rebooked onto QR when this flight has been cancelled.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The rebooking guidelines state QR as the alternative indeed.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: Gold Actually
It would seem this has been cancelled on all of the strike days that BA are using Qatar planes - make sense as QR have 5 flights a day (but they don't have WT+)
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Instead of WT+, do you get to sit in 10-across Economy in the back of a 77W?

Quite a downgrade.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Indeed, or upper deck economy I suppose.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:37 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
If on an A380, it is likely to be on the Upper Deck where it is much cosier and quiet - albeit the same size seat as normal Y etc - but I'd expect a downgrade payment.

If on a 787, 777, or A350, it will obviously be Y with a downgrade payment.

Now, would I consider QR Y to be better than BA Y, probably - but that's for another day.

M
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Now, would I consider QR Y to be better than BA Y, probably - but that's for another day
Out of curiosity, is QR 10-abreast on 777?

The BA123 has now been removed from the schedule for another week.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Knickam
Good morning all,
My company sneaked me on to this flight later on this month under a QR flight number. I have noticed it seems to be getting cancelled on a regular basis during the strike.
Has anybody travelling in business been caught up in these cancellations and have you simply been moved to the Qatar flight?
If so how far in advance have you been informed?
Hi Knickam

We flew back via Doha during the strike on 11th July which was meant to be Business on BA122, we were notified on the 5th that it had been cancelled and had to contact BA, when we called they gave us options of which Qatar flight we would like to transfer to so chose the A380 with the bar (other option was the 777 with Q-suite)

Took 15 mins to sort it all out and BA even refunded the cost of my telephone calls whilst abroad
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Out of curiosity, is QR 10-abreast on 777?

The BA123 has now been removed from the schedule for another week.
It depends which 777 you fly on - some are 9, while others are 10.

The extra space has however, come from the aisles, so I believe the seats are the same width.

I did a 3 hour Customer Experience test with QR in one of their 10 abreast 777s, and was annoyed that I didn't find it uncomfortable! I was expecting to feel cramped and for my legs to be squashed, but actually, it felt like normal Y.

M
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Thanks for the heads up checked My Flights and 122 is indeed cancelled for next week. I'll see if I can get on the Q Suite
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
I did a 3 hour Customer Experience test with QR in one of their 10 abreast 777s, and was annoyed that I didn't find it uncomfortable! I was expecting to feel cramped and for my legs to be squashed, but actually, it felt like normal Y.
Good to know. I promised myself a while ago I wouldn't fly long haul Y unless I couldn't help it, but I might be tempted to give it a go in the interest of research.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by our_kid
Thanks for the heads up checked My Flights and 122 is indeed cancelled for next week. I'll see if I can get on the Q Suite
Our-Kid, you want flight QR7 for Q-Suite
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It depends which 777 you fly on - some are 9, while others are 10.

The extra space has however, come from the aisles, so I believe the seats are the same width.

M
I've also done QR's 10-across Y and actually, it's fine, especially as 10-across means several throne seats in the cabin.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by ThomasC3
Our-Kid, you want flight QR7 for Q-Suite
Thank you ThomasC3 - QR7 only had Y left so I have super short 1 hour connection onto QR11. Should be fun and to be fair the A380 J product is excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.