Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA removed ability to mix econ out Club in on LH ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Was just checking prices for some flights to the US and when searching on economy BA have always shown PE and Club and would allow you to select economy out and club back but now it is like the European baggage only flights and saying club is not available when economy is selected for outbound. You need to select PE as a min. Is this a change of policy ?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:24 am

Looks like they have changed how prices are displayed.
POS issue?
Depending on starting city the options are different and look different in the ios app.
If I go ex ARN to NYC via LHR have no class option at all.
If ARN LHR I see basic, plus and business in a drop down.
If LHR NYC it looks correct with the "swipe to see more classes" option.

This is BA outsourced app at it's peak I suppose
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

checking out a N and I combination on ITA, it still shows such a combination as valid ; seems that BA may just be trying to discourage it ; perhaps try booking be telephone or with a travel agency
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have been told by a gold line agent that I cannot mix PE & Club...They might have been wrong but I've definitely been told it.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
I have been told by a gold line agent that I cannot mix PE & Club...They might have been wrong but I've definitely been told it.
As in CW one way and WTP the other way? They are wrong. Call again.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It appears ba.com will allow you to book WT and WTP together or WTP and CW together but ba.com will not offer WT and CW. I suspect a gremlin rather than a change to the fare rules.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
As in CW one way and WTP the other way? They are wrong. Call again.
This was a long time ago (about 6 months) and the flight has been flown but thank you! Useful to know for next time around as this is a combo I often want to do as WTP is fine for a day flight but CW for overnight helps!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
ba.com hasn't been giving any option to mix classes nor to select by price from MAN for a few days now. Works but with limited options for London departures. If this is a permanent move it's very much a downgrade for those of us who don't start our trips from LHR/LGW
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold

Just went to book my usual WT or WTP out and CW back DUB-ORD and options to combine have disappeared!

Options are there for ex-LHR but (as others note above) only WT+WTP or WTP+CW seem possible.

Praying this is just a temporary glitch....
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Normally when entering DUB-NYC you can normally see a list of club prices, however this no longer seems available. Seems a bit off that you can no longer see the price until you enter the next page. Is this a change or a BA glitch?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue, HH, Melia and many others

Same think here from NCE to YYC, you have to tick the class you want to fly to get results, you cannot even mix WT+ WTP or WTP+CW.
If this is another "enhancement" following the luggage rules for CW (2x32kg, how can carry that ??), the only airline asking to pay for CW seat reservation and so on, for European travellers, BA will not be anymore an option as all other airlines offer mix and match of classes, free seat selection in CW by booking and that for nearly same price !! I am really sad about as I loved BA
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by source05

Same think here from NCE to YYC, you have to tick the class you want to fly to get results, you cannot even mix WT+ WTP or WTP+CW.
If this is another "enhancement" following the luggage rules for CW (2x32kg, how can carry that ??), the only airline asking to pay for CW seat reservation and so on, for European travellers, BA will not be anymore an option as all other airlines offer mix and match of classes, free seat selection in CW by booking and that for nearly same price !! I am really sad about as I loved BA
I think this part of wider industry moves. Lufthansa group also recently did the same thing removing the possibility to mix Economy and Business in many cases. Frustrating when you know the cheapest available bucket for a given sector is in Business. I get around it usually by using Book With Matrix.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by source05

I just looked at LHR-JFK and was able to mix WT/WTP/CW where the cabins were adjacent, i.e. WTP&CW was fine, WT&CW wasn't.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I just looked at LHR-JFK and was able to mix WT/WTP/CW where the cabins were adjacent, i.e. WTP&CW was fine, WT&CW wasn't.
Which I hope suggests that this is perhaps a temporary glitch but the immediate issue seems to relate to non LHR/LGW departures where the option to mix classes looks to have disappeared.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Only works on direct flights so not on XXX-LHR-JFK.

Beginning to look like that this in an (unannounced) "enhancement"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.