Wiki Posts
Search

'Reduced Service'

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meh
'Reduced Service'

Having given up on BA I had a couple of decent flights from SEA/DFW last month and decided to buy a CW ticket direct to ICN (normally would be CX through HKG).

Settled in for the flight and was surprised no drinks service before the meal. The food came around and I asked why there was not and was told this is a 'reduced/limited service flight'. Crew were nowhere to be seen after the meal, so I went to the galley and asked what was up. The crew were very nice but simply stated service was reduced and therefore normal offerings were not there. They had no snacks available or nothing was set up.

I paid a D class fare for this and was very disappointed with the whole experience. So much so that I will go back to my CX/AA/QR non-direct routings going forward.

Will I complain to BA - no I will just not use them going forward.

Anybody know why this 'limited/reduced service' was in place?
Flew last Sunday.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:51 am

Was this due to the strike?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:00 am

Why did you go back to BA if you have given up on them?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Why did you go back to BA if you have given up on them?
Had a couple of decent flights last month. Albeit in F and 64K.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Ask for a reduced price to go with the reduced service
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Was this due to the strike?
I'm guessing it was. It has the feel of a work-to-rule type attitude - perhaps expressing anger towards their employer without actually striking. Really not good.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Is ICN a MF flight?

Either way, crew participating in such actions should be fired. Full stop.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
work to rule should still provide the prescribed service...
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
work to rule should still provide the prescribed service...
Yes, that's true. I wonder what was going on? Some kind of passive aggressive attack? Odd.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:10 am

ICN is indeed a MF route.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
ICN is indeed a MF route.
Appalling. Any signs of this on WW routes? (flying to IAD this weekend)

In any event, this is inexcusable. BA needs to discipline (in my opinion terminate) such crew members. But they also need to make good to the customers.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:29 am

I didn't mean in terms of work to rule. Rather, there may have been a reduced number of cabin crew onboard (obviously still within regulations) and therefore a reduced service offered.

Didn't that happen last time?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by sts603
Appalling. Any signs of this on WW routes? (flying to IAD this weekend)

In any event, this is inexcusable. BA needs to discipline (in my opinion terminate) such crew members. But they also need to make good to the customers.
Why?
The reduced crew were providing the reduced service that Ba have set as fall back during the strike disruption. Statements from Ba that say 99.5% of all flights are operating clearly deflect that, on-board it is not normal, or close to 99.5% normal.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bmiStar
Why?
The reduced crew were providing the reduced service that Ba have set as fall back during the strike disruption. Statements from Ba that say 99.5% of all flights are operating clearly deflect that, on-board it is not normal, or close to 99.5% normal.
Sorry, my response was based on this being a CC-initiated work slow down. If they were working to the standard set out by BA, then the only action that should be taken is compensation from BA to its customers.

That said, I find it hard to believe that BA cut the pre-dinner drink service and Club Kitchen out due to having one less crew member!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I didn't mean in terms of work to rule. Rather, there may have been a reduced number of cabin crew onboard (obviously still within regulations) and therefore a reduced service offered.

Didn't that happen last time?
If reduced service was implemented by BA (and not crew) then they should have told us in advance and offered full refund. I would have taken it and gone with CX who were cheaper. Not looking forward to my return this weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.