Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge at Ben Gurion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
The BA lounge is extremely poor in Ben Gurion. See if you can get into the King David Lounge, it is really quite lovely in there. Also do not expect any extra benefits for flying in F. Everyone will all try and board the plane at the same time and no BA staff on ground.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:01 am

I had the pleasure of using the DAN lounge yesterday. Interestingly, I was guided by the receptionist at the one on the C concourse (where the BA flights depart) to their other near the central area. She stated it was the one for BA customers. Underwhelming to say the least, and since I wizzed through security and scanning in record time, spent a bit longer there than anticipated.
Off topic, but there was the usual fun at the gate with silver being called about 30 secs after gold/F which caused a bit of chaos since according to the CSM, there were 62 GC/GGL holders on board. He apologised that he would not have the time to introduce himself to each one...a nice touch... first time I have heard such an announcement. He and his team also didnt seem to have the time to get the 3 guys in CW playing musical chairs to sit down during push back and taxiing.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
I had the pleasure of using the DAN lounge yesterday. Interestingly, I was guided by the receptionist at the one on the C concourse (where the BA flights depart) to their other near the central area. She stated it was the one for BA customers.
Yes, it is the so-called Dan+ and indeed the one BA uses. I still haven't decided which one is worse

And welcome to BAFT, Yeoman5. I'm sure one of the moderators will soon add the official welcome note

Last edited by Innocent Abroad; Dec 1, 2017 at 6:47 am
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
You can enter the regular DAN lounges with your lounge invite and I now go to the DAN closest to the gate (Usually C if I remember correctly and it is the one recently refurbished, though maybe the B one has too)

As far as sleep one of the DAN lounges is always open 24hrs and quite empty and quiet from midnight to like 3AM, so you can put your head against the wall for a snooze.

I guess Concourse E will open at some point next year and hopefully some better lounges and hopefully BA allows access to them (or a BA lounge...)
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
Underwhelming to say the least, and since I wizzed through security and scanning in record time, spent a bit longer there than anticipated.
Welcome to Flyertalk Yeoman5 and a particular welcome from all us on the BA Board here, it's always good to see newcomers. I hope that we will see plenty more of you in the future.

It's an interesting point - due to the uncertainties about security, one is tempted to arrive at TLV fairly early and yet in my experience it's not really any slower to get through security than any other large airport on the whole. Therefore there is an extended lounge visit in prospect and as you indicate the lounge there is nothing special. There again expectations have been driven upwards, a few years ago the Dan lounge would have been regarded as quite good compared to many places.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk Yeoman5 and a particular welcome from all us on the BA Board here, it's always good to see newcomers. I hope that we will see plenty more of you in the future.

It's an interesting point - due to the uncertainties about security, one is tempted to arrive at TLV fairly early and yet in my experience it's not really any slower to get through security than any other large airport on the whole. Therefore there is an extended lounge visit in prospect and as you indicate the lounge there is nothing special. There again expectations have been driven upwards, a few years ago the Dan lounge would have been regarded as quite good compared to many places.
I came across this thread looking for BA lounge info in TLV. This probably won't help OP, but I want to add my own opinion on transiting TLC as I recently flew through there.

TLV airport is a disorganized mess unless you know how it works. The signage is terrible, and the security lines make ZERO sense. Don't get me started on taking the train from Jerusalem to TLV, but that's a story for another time.

TLV airport tips:

1. You have to go through a security/immigration line prior to the checkin desks. Hang on to your immigration receipt. Israel doesn't stamp passports anymore.

2. There are 3 separate security areas/lines to get to the international terminal. Left, right, and middle. Middle looks like a wall w/ a bunch of doors w/ folks checking documents, but you can pass right through by showing your boarding pass. There is no signage that explains this. It's a total mess. Seriously, a total mess.

3. Then you go through immigration-immigration which is automated as long as the system and your passport work correctly. Look at the camera and smile. Mine didn't work until I smiled. This was the easiest part of the whole ordeal.

4. If you fly El Al be ready for an interrogation, and have your stuff scanned over and over, etc. Every time I've flown El Al they take every single thing out of my bag and scan it individually over and over. Pro Tip: be organized in your packing or you'll have a real mess on your hands. Packing cubes are a must if you fly El Al.

If you aren't flying El Al the security isn't much different from any other airport except for the fact that there is no clear direction on what to do to follow their process.

All that said, I love Israel, and plan to go back in June 2019.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
I am an American Airlines Executive Platinum (OW Ruby) flying on a BA marketed code share operated by El Al - do I get access to this lounge?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by stewlevine
I am an American Airlines Executive Platinum (OW Ruby) flying on a BA marketed code share operated by El Al - do I get access to this lounge?
I have never heard of a BA code share flights on LY (from TLV) and AA EP is OW Emerald (Ruby does not grant lounge access at all) but anyway according to OW rules flying on non OW metal does not grant lounge access (there are some exceptions to this rule).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
You're right, I checked again - it is an AA codeshare, not a BA codeshare, but looks like it wouldn't matter either way then. Bummer - was hoping to have a nicer place to wait until that early morning flight, assuming I get through TLV security in a decent amount of time.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:37 pm

You're right, I checked again - it is an AA codeshare, not a BA codeshare, but looks like it wouldn't matter either way then. Bummer - was hoping to have a nicer place to wait until that early morning flight, assuming I get through TLV security in a decent amount of time.
Believe me you don't miss much
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:32 pm

The dedicated BA lounge is now closed anyway and the other Dan lounge is a zoo with barely anything to eat and not enough seats. You really are not missing much.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
You'd be better off checking with AA. Whilst the answers above are correct in the context of OW, it is perfectly possible that AA have a direct agreement with LY on accepting each other's frequent flyers. There are plenty such arrangements around (e.g. BA codeshare operated by EI, JL codeshare operated by AF, AF codeshare operated by AY, etc).
Innocent Abroad likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
You'd be better off checking with AA. Whilst the answers above are correct in the context of OW, it is perfectly possible that AA have a direct agreement with LY on accepting each other's frequent flyers. There are plenty such arrangements around (e.g. BA codeshare operated by EI, JL codeshare operated by AF, AF codeshare operated by AY, etc).
I total agree with the suggestion and what's more if there is an agreement with LY then their lounge is a very good one. You can start by posting your question in the LY forum on FT.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:23 am

There's a new BA lounge at TLV. It's on the E wing on the left hand side. I arrived around 2 hours and 45 mins before the flight as they were opening it. Very nice it is too, especially as there are few people here.
Small but reasonable food selection: mostly cold Israeli food with soup. Staffed bar with Carlsberg and Tuborg on tap, red and white wine and a small selection of spirits. Toilets in lounge. Nice view over the tarmac.

Here are a few photos. Feel free to use.

Prospero, salut0, orbitmic and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ppp909
There's a new BA lounge at TLV. It's on the E wing on the left hand side. I arrived around 2 hours and 45 mins before the flight as they were opening it. Very nice it is too, especially as there are few people here.
Small but reasonable food selection: mostly cold Israeli food with soup. Staffed bar with Carlsberg and Tuborg on tap, red and white wine and a small selection of spirits. Toilets in lounge. Nice view over the tarmac.
Is it exclusive to BA customers then? [And thanks for posting!]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.