Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA cancelled the return portion of booking while on holiday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

I was on a trip and noticed that I hadn't got a notification when online check-in opened for my flights home. I checked the app and the reservation was in "past" reservations, and only included the outbound legs. Same for the MyFlights app.

I called BA who couldn't see why the reservation would have disappeared. They said their systems showed that I had taken all the preceding flights on the booking, but my flights home had been cancelled as if I hadn't. The agent said she'd reinstate the flights when the relevant team started at 730am UK time.

No notification from Myflights or BA.com, so I'm not sure when this happened. I had originally selected seats for the disappearing flights, so I know they were definitely there at some point.

It was a BA booking and the affected flights were BA operated.

Has anybody seen this before?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I have seen this in the past and it was when the schedule for a flight had changed meaning that the new time would breach the Minimum Connection Time and it therefore cancels the booking as its non compliant. Seems to be good ol BA IT at work
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I have seen this in the past and it was when the schedule for a flight had changed meaning that the new time would breach the Minimum Connection Time and it therefore cancels the booking as its non compliant. Seems to be good ol BA IT at work
Thanks, interesting to know. Sadly no schedule changes here to explain it! (unless they were made and then reversed).

Flights were LAS-LHR-DUB with a 2hr 10 minute connection in LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.