Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's open season on BA in the UK press

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by icegirl
So are you saying the blame is the Tory party?

It shows the failure of privatisation of public transport due to poor investment where the public suffer.
Come on, that's just the other extreme. Private doesn't automatically make bad.

The current problems with BA are down to hunger for quick and high profits and the personal enrichment that comes from it. CEO and Chairman both know their time is limited and want to make that short-term impression for maximum personal benefit. This in my opinion is a very short-term gain since failure to look after long-term benefits and profitability suffer due to this. It is very prevalent in the UK and contributes to the boom-and-bust cycle that we all can identify.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by m3red
Ghttps://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4220468/lucifer-tom-ellis-blasts-british-airways-over-ticket-row/

Another one here - surely you can change the name of a flexible ticket?
No, but if it was a flexible ticket he should be able to refund it with little or no penalty. I always thought that visa refusal was grounds for a refund under the BA T&C's anyway. It certainly was for a China trip of mine where I had to slip the date of travel when the visa was not granted in time.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Interesting. Are there any specific examples you know of?
I know Air China offer it in some of their fare rules, and certainly AF/KL did offer it, certainly on tickets issued in India (however, not sure if they still offer this). I think Qantas did also offer this on ex-Indonesia tickets (again, not sure if they continue to do so).

I understand EK/QR still offer this feature ex-India, but you must provide verification from the destination Embassy that you have had your visa application denied to be eligible for a refund.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Interesting. Are there any specific examples you know of?
Ones I've used were in Russia. You'll need to pick through a service like ExpertFlyer - will say something like: "FULL REFUND PERMITTED AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE IN CASE OF REJECTION OF VISA."
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ukgooner
Its no different to what goes on here but on a larger scale:

Stage 1: convince yourself there is a huge cost cutting agenda damaging the brand
Stage 2: look for stories where customer experience has been poor - particularly human interest
Stage 3: report factually that stage 2 is caused by cuts
Stage 4: Demand change in leadership and big investment, and promise to remove patronage until things improve, but complain a lot on the internet in the meantime
Exactly.

That explains why a positive CE experience story hasn't had one reply in over 8 hours.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I know Air China offer it in some of their fare rules, and certainly AF/KL did offer it, certainly on tickets issued in India (however, not sure if they still offer this). I think Qantas did also offer this on ex-Indonesia tickets (again, not sure if they continue to do so).

I understand EK/QR still offer this feature ex-India, but you must provide verification from the destination Embassy that you have had your visa application denied to be eligible for a refund.
Originally Posted by 710 77345
Ones I've used were in Russia. You'll need to pick through a service like ExpertFlyer - will say something like: "FULL REFUND PERMITTED AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE IN CASE OF REJECTION OF VISA."
Thanks, so certainly possible but unlikely to be relevant for a UK-US booking?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Use a travel agent to issue the ticket than cancel it, usually they allow this if you cancel it within 24 hours of issuing it. Or buy one yourself then cancel it within 24 hours !
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Use a travel agent to issue the ticket than cancel it, usually they allow this if you cancel it within 24 hours of issuing it. Or buy one yourself then cancel it within 24 hours !
What use is that? How do you go through a whole visa application process for the US in 24 hours?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Utter rubbish.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Exactly.
That explains why a positive CE experience story hasn't had one reply in over 8 hours.
Depends on your perspective for positive. I'd say OP set the bar low, and wasn't then disappointed. As pointed out economy seat with blocked middle, a humorous remark from the pilot and a £5 breakfast. Pure luxury.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dougzz
Depends on your perspective for positive. I'd say OP set the bar low, and wasn't then disappointed..
A good strategy if you ask me. ^
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BA
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ays-again.html
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Exactly.

Well, one's positive thoughts about BA do not really leave much room for people to jump in and say how they now fly AA or CX or QR, do they? Although the ability of some to remind us about how they dumped BA in favour of a different airline in almost any thread is really astonishing. I am sure many people do not even bother or feel reluctant to post anything good because the 'climate' on this forum have been very anti BA lately (or they don't want to be accused of having low expectations or not having tried adding hours to their travel to fly with a competitor so 'what would they know?'). Even though it is an internet (anonymous for the most part) forum, expressing a popular thought still matters, and it is going against the trend or what's in vogue that's difficult.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Well, one's positive thoughts about BA do not really leave much room for people to jump in and say how they now fly AA or CX or QR, do they? Although the ability of some to remind us about how they dumped BA in favour of a different airline in almost any thread is really astonishing. I am sure many people do not even bother or feel reluctant to post anything good because the 'climate' on this forum have been very anti BA lately (or they don't want to be accused of having low expectations or not having tried adding hours to their travel to fly with a competitor so 'what would they know?'). Even though it is an internet (anonymous for the most part) forum, expressing a popular thought still matters, and it is going against the trend or what's in vogue that's difficult.
Or, and maybe I'm just being crazy here, there are just more people having those kind of experiences? On the thread about the new survey asking about who people are flying less, damage to the brand etc. I noticed a lot of posters who are normally on the supportive side saying they had given quite harsh feedback.

At some point you have to ask yourself if maybe it's not them, it's you?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:25 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
This article really annoys me. What he did is really annoying.
Everyone knows you can't just change names on tickets, so he got told no and wanted to complain about it.

Ugggg this is some of my job, i have to audit tickets for celebrities because 99 % of them cancel and change plans every day, so I have to make sure all of our staff read the rules correctly and advise so we are not responsible for incidents like this with really expensive tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.