Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't select any CW seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had an issue where I'd booked seat in CW from LGW to PUJ. Seat selection was showing F cabin with all seats blocked instead of the J cabin. Looked through a few old Flyertalk threads and one suggested that there was occasionally a glitch with the BA website that shows cabins fully booked or indeed shows the wrong cabin.

The suggestion to get round this was to go into the check-in/manage booking on the Quantas website (you just need your booking reference and surname). Sounds daft I know but it worked for me.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Jambo1874
I had an issue where I'd booked seat in CW from LGW to PUJ. Seat selection was showing F cabin with all seats blocked instead of the J cabin. Looked through a few old Flyertalk threads and one suggested that there was occasionally a glitch with the BA website that shows cabins fully booked or indeed shows the wrong cabin.

The suggestion to get round this was to go into the check-in/manage booking on the Quantas website (you just need your booking reference and surname). Sounds daft I know but it worked for me.
W00T ... like that idea! A bit like using the Finnair website to change FFP numbers!

Noted for the future ^
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Oohh now I am going to be very brave and offer a different experience from that of c-w-s. The two times I have been on a 4-class aircraft, I have reserved seats in CW and checked in, only to be moved to F by the airport on the day. The F seats didn't become reservable at any time before the flight.
No, that's within the norm, as it were. If they fully open up First, it could be at any point from T-72 to T-1, depending on when the last sale is made. If it's at T-72 it can all be handled by FLY and TS - so unseated passengers, and anyone casually pass MMB can get a seat. Alternatively if it's at (say) T-3 then they probably have to move existing passengers manually, and at that stage who are they gonna shift?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by Jambo1874

Great - just done this on the Qantas site - works a treat. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
Exactly!! That's what really tripped my gyros!! One defective seat wouldn't generate 10 pax moving to F, leaving empty seats behind
One defective seat could lead to 10 people moving: the reason for keeping First empty is that it allows crew to be better deployed, with just one crew on fire watch; if they have to have passengers in First, then they may as well do it properly, have 2 crew and 10 passengers in it.

However the other possibility, given that it appears First opened for you earlier on, is that they did in fact sell more seats in CW, but then they had no shows on the day.

I would not advocate using the Qantas MMB (or other airline Amadeus' views) to get into First: if in fact First remains closed then they'll just seat shift you to any available seating further back. It may still be a good gamble for some passengers but the risk is of being separated from the iWife.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.