Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the point of asking me to go to the website when I'm calling the Gold line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the point of asking me to go to the website when I'm calling the Gold line?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

I needed to update my passport information - which the website does not allow any changes. Why on earth not?

So I called the Gold Line only to be told that due to high number of calls, go to the website and then it hung up on me.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
The whole experience of trying to speak to a person at BA can be really quite tedious. Once you get through they tend to be good but getting that far is a challenge.

My personal bugbear is that when calling the international number from abroad on my UK mobile, I get a message saying I'm calling from a UK number so please re-dial on some other number. Which is number which doesn't work internationally. Googling for US number follows...it annoys me vastly..
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I think the website mention is a standard across airlines' call centers. However when I hear that, I can't but think that If I am calling it's because website can't help or it's not possible to reach... no?

Specific to BA I wonder how recently were indeed changed the mentioned options in the recorded message... ("please listen carefully, our options are recently changed")

PS
I had to call this morning (before 8am UK time) and I had no wait. Very happy with my call times and result, very sad to know that they are going to change (enhance?) the gold line...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:43 am

Why on earth is the Gold Line ever hanging up on any Gold member who calls in?!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I've called the Gold line 3 times in the last week and never waited more than 30 seconds to be connected and the agents have been excellent every time.

The only thing that I wonder is whether the Gold line is really 'a thing' or just a queue jump. They answer the call with generic greetings "Thanks for calling the executive club" not "Thanks for calling the Gold line"......and on a couple of occasions I've been asked what status I am, which surely they would know if they only dealt with GC holders......
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Lefly
very sad to know that they are going to change (enhance?) the gold line...
Like many things on this forum I have missed this and a search did not yield anything bar your own post. What is planned?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The Gold line isn't really a "thing" but you're much more likely to get MAN/NCL. They normally know what line you're calling on, though.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Like many things on this forum I have missed this and a search did not yield anything bar your own post. What is planned?
It was here, plus some post in another couple of thread
BA set to outsource its Manchester and Newcastle call centres

Originally Posted by fourspoons
I've called the Gold line 3 times in the last week and never waited more than 30 seconds to be connected and the agents have been excellent every time.

The only thing that I wonder is whether the Gold line is really 'a thing' or just a queue jump. They answer the call with generic greetings "Thanks for calling the executive club" not "Thanks for calling the Gold line"......and on a couple of occasions I've been asked what status I am, which surely they would know if they only dealt with GC holders......
I called just yesterday morning and I remember the Gold mention in the welcome message.
I used the non 800 number, calling from Belgium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.