Wiki Posts
Search

Galleries Sandwiches are Gone!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Galleries Sandwiches are Gone!!

Today they have put out some revolting looking goats cheese frittatas where the rather poor sarnies used to be.

The food is actually worse than it was a month or so ago when I was last here....a remarkable feat.

The red Barossa is some consolation however.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Varies
A frittata! Gross. I can't stand anything eggy. And it sounds like an attempt to use up leftovers.

I hope it's an anomaly. I'd be happy if their only offering was an all day breakfast buffet + sandwiches. Nothing else they do seems to work.

Is this the work of a 'celebrity chef' (ie someone who should mind their own business and focus on running their own restaurants properly)
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:17 am
Original Poster

The frittata was tasteless and soggy.

Its a definite downgrade.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:18 am
Original Poster

I noticed no one was touching them really....they look quite revolting.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
It is pretty disappointing to see how the lounge catering has gone downhill in the last few years.

I remember my first visit to the GC North lounge around 2012, and being genuinely impressed with the lunch buffet.

These days, even in the GF lounge, its just trays of slop. Although the menu items are fairly decent more often than not.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:28 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I always think the lounge food is disappointing even in GF lounge, but at least the booze helps.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
It is pretty disappointing to see how the lounge catering has gone downhill in the last few years.

I remember my first visit to the GC North lounge around 2012, and being genuinely impressed with the lunch buffet.

These days, even in the GF lounge, its just trays of slop.
I have to say, I took a friend to GC (T5B) for the first time last week and she absolutely loved the chicken curry and raved about the whole experience. It very much depends what one is used to.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:07 am
Original Poster

The Shropshire Blue and Henriot are far better I must add now I've been guested into the F Lounge by the lovely Danielle.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
OK, so here are the frittatas:

They are described as Red Onion and Woolsery goats' cheese frittata, and I thought they tasted very nice, particularly after adding a small amount of salt and pepper. Woolsery is a very well known goats cheese from Dorset, under new management, I've seen it in Waitrose.

I imagine the sandwiches will be back after the end of the hot meal service, in the usual way.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
I find it amazing at how 'premium' the drinks selection is at GC, while how bad the food selection is in comparison in the same lounge!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Those look nice, I hope they have some next time I fly.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by onylon
Those look nice, I hope they have some next time I fly.
Yes they certainly look alright to me.

We do seem to have some very hard to please people on this forum.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They are described as Red Onion and Woolsery goats' cheese frittata, and I thought they tasted very nice, particularly after adding a small amount of salt and pepper. Woolsery is a very well known goats cheese from Dorset, under new management, I've seen it in Waitrose.
Looks reasonable to me. Kind of the British equivalent of IB's tortilla (although that is served warm(ish), and they do have the sandwich cabinet as well)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OK, so here are the frittatas:

I imagine the sandwiches will be back after the end of the hot meal service, in the usual way.

If they were served hot I think they would be a winner....but cold they did nothing for me.

The first taste I got was water.

I'm still musing over the really great Shropshire though in the other lounge hehe.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes they certainly look alright to me.

We do seem to have some very hard to please people on this forum.
Well at least I take the time to taste the food before commenting.

I do realise that might be difficult in the Patagonias though lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.