FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Missing luggage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1848957-missing-luggage.html)

thistlegirl99 Jun 19, 2017 10:23 am

We have over another 2 weeks here so I really don't want to put my home address down and lose all hope of getting it here! We have friends here in Phoenix so I'll ask if I can use their address for the couple of days we are away.
It's just frustrating as the last tracer said it was loaded on the LHR-PHX flight on the 17th so I'm hoping it's somewhere in PHX!!🙄

chessers1 Jun 19, 2017 3:34 pm

I feel for you.

My parents are going through the same. BA are adamant the case made it to BOS from LHR at which point it disappeared.

I tried to phone many times but to no avail, so just check online a couple of times a day to see a status that is never updated..... So I would not waste your time calling as others have advised.

Took them to Macy's to buy what they need, BA will need to pick up the cost which we have kept to a very fair level.

I hope you get reunited with yours.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by thistlegirl99 (Post 28461195)
We have over another 2 weeks here so I really don't want to put my home address down and lose all hope of getting it here! We have friends here in Phoenix so I'll ask if I can use their address for the couple of days we are away.
It's just frustrating as the last tracer said it was loaded on the LHR-PHX flight on the 17th so I'm hoping it's somewhere in PHX!!🙄

Don't take WorldTracer too seriously, it works in batch mode. When the item is about to be delivered it suddenly springs into life with status updates quickly churning through.

Using a friend in PHX is probably ideal: the contractor will probably be more used to delivering parcels to households so that should fit in well. If you have a hotel concierge on top of their game that's probably even better since they probably know the delivery arrangements (and even the delivery crews).

thistlegirl99 Jun 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Just a wee update, received a phone call from baggage staff in Toronto 🤔! It's (apparently) now being sent back to LHR and then onto PHX...by the time it gets back home again it will have achieved Bronze status I think!😂

cgtechuk Jun 20, 2017 4:14 am

Originally Posted by thistlegirl99 (Post 28463294)
Just a wee update, received a phone call from baggage staff in Toronto 🤔! It's (apparently) now being sent back to LHR and then onto PHX...by the time it gets back home again it will have achieved Bronze status I think!😂

Haha this is genius how did it even end up in Canada! Sounds like it was loaded onto the wrong plane to me!