Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Travel Document details you have entered are not valid for this flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Document details you have entered are not valid for this flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Silver (ex-Gold :( )
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think that on applying for a first passport there will still be a signature captured as part of the process for validating the passport holder. For renewals, then yes, the idea is to move to a fully online process, including the photos.
Out of interest, I just got my original passport out, which I signed when I was 14. Now, an unspecified number of years later, my signature is significantly different. Perhaps graphologists can see sufficient similarities.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:30 am
Jnb

Programs: BAEC
I have had this problem with BA before -- are you using the same travel document/do you have two passports?

I had a return flight booked with BA and got a new passport before taking the return leg. Couldn't change my travel document online and somehow their system new my old passport wasn't valid anymore (wasn't expire though) and it didn't let me check in online. At the airport their scanner didn't accept my passport at check-in but the agent just grabbed my booking manually and let me off without any issues.

So I wouln't worry, just go check-in at the airport and it should all be fine.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:34 am

As another data point, my husband and I both got the same message yesterday on our way back from PLS (Turks and Caicos). No issues at check in at all - maybe a Carribean IT bug?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Back to the OP - I would call BA and have an agent verify that all is in order.

A thousand anecdotes to the contrary, does not mean that whatever glitch has caused OP's issue is not a problem of a greater magnitude. If it is the latter, why on earth pass up the opportunity to have this solved before having an outstation try to fix what it is not likely to be able to do without assistance (and time).
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Something similar happened to my wife and me a few days ago on a return leg (on a BA holiday) from Malta. We could both check in but could do nothing about BPs being issued (email, print, app etc). We were given the same reason (travel doc not valid for that flight). I checked all our online details held (EC) were still 100% complete etc. All proceeded as expected at the airport. Out of curiosity I called the GL on our return and was given the explanation that at airports where BPs cannot be issued in advance there is an IT "trip" that sometimes triggers that notification automatically. Whether this is correct or not I have no idea.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This happens to me about once a month, on trips to or from Germany using a UK passport with three years' validity remaining. The check-in agent can never find anything on the system to indicate that there's an issue of any kind, and just prints the boarding pass for me. It's an irritation, but is only a bug in BA's ancient IT - nothing more.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Germany apart (which affects only some passports and [currently] only the latest UK passport design) there also appears to be a random bit of code hitting people here. We had a spate of them a few months back, and then they largely went away. It just stopped getting a boarding pass at home, but at the airport they didn't know what the fuss was about, and no extra time was needed to resolve it. I did wonder whether it was to do with passports due to expire within 6 months, but I don't think we got a landing on it. When this check came up a lot there were like 3 reports a week, and then it just stopped, suggesting that the error had been plugged. Either way, for the OP, and assuming checked luggage, then just go to the airport as normal (or a little early if your cabin is sold out).
Interesting post CWS. Perhaps this is something Satheesh in IT can fix?

<!--Done by Satheesh(n437085)-->
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
In terms of some of my recent travel I wasn't able to check in or receive a boarding pass for a BA flight from JFK - LHR because of some issue relating to my Green Card.

This is, of course, seems to me to be totally irrelevant when travelling to the UK from the US. For the return trip from EDI - LHR - LAX I was able to check in for the domestic segment kept getting prompted for API data for the LHR - LAX leg, in spite of it being present and correct. I was only able to check in for the LAX flight once it hit T-24 hours!

For LAS - LAX - HKG I wasn't able to check in online for the LAS - LAX sector (operated by AA) and had to do that at the counter, but I could check in online and receive my BP for the LAX - HKG sector (operated by CX).

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to some of this...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
FWIW I did online check in just fine from HAM to LHR last month on a US passport which definitely has a signature line.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Nothing to do with Germany or signatures or anything else.

It's just the same BA bug that first appeared early this year and hasn't fully gone away. The message is clearly nonsensical as it appears when attempting check-in for the inbound with the same travel documents that were accepted and flown on the outbound.

It's a nuisance, as it means having to locate and queue at the outstation check-in desk (many of which don't bother properly enforcing a separate Club/priority lane) only to have a puzzled agent tell you that there's no problem with your documents and you're already checked in (and therefore must be some kind of idiot turning up asking for manual boarding passes.)

I expect this bug to be fixed after Mr A. Cruz goes on holiday this summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.