Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugs in Club Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
They are not necessarily the Mugs............ their employers/the people paying their flying bills are the Mugs.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mjh0
In terms of getting the job done the new mugs are much better.

They don't readily slop the drink all over your table at the slightest hint of chop.

They don't have an absurdly huge surface area which helps your drink go cold before you can finish it.

In terms of label caché, yeah, they haven't got that.
Good summary!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
I really liked the old cups. Not a fan of the new mugs. It feels like I get a lot less tea in the new mugs? Or maybe the old cups were more fiddly to hold so it took longer to drink?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Padmeister
Only on the BA board could there be a discussion regarding the size and quality of mugs on board 😂
This forum is the best when it comes to navel-gazing. ^
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Perhaps they didn't want them always being stolen like the old ones; often saw people putting theirs into their bag
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
What with your demands in the bedroom I'm getting a trifle tired.
The only demand I have ever made of you in any bedroom is to make my bed and take the laundry out.

HIDDY - that's rich from you as the Grandfather of this Forum! At least I have my own teeth to eat the blasted trifle!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by navylad
Perhaps they didn't want them always being stolen like the old ones; often saw people putting theirs into their bag
I remember one woman coming and asking the crew to see if they had any different mugs as her collection was nearly complete.

The nerve!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:42 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
The mind really does boggle. Do people really collect BA mugs?

I can only guess at them being proudly displayed in nice teak display cabinets in semi-detached houses across Surbiton, next to some splendid objets de merde mail ordered from the Franklin Mint.

Far too much sherry in the trifle.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
I liked the old mugs, but I think the new mugs are better for a nice mug of tea with your breakfast... However, I have now done 6 flights on CE Domestic, and they all had one thing in common... No tea spoon to stir your tea with, so you end up using the handle of the fork or knife. I would have thought that in Business class a tea spoon could have been included???
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by V10
The mind really does boggle. Do people really collect BA mugs?

I can only guess at them being proudly displayed in nice teak display cabinets in semi-detached houses across Surbiton, next to some splendid objets de merde mail ordered from the Franklin Mint.

Far too much sherry in the trifle.
Answer to the first - people collect anything - cups, glasses you name it.

My Surbiton days are no more so I will defer to your imaginings. I suspect that ex-Her Next Door would take the plastic teaspoons from Easyjet.

I prefer Gin to Sherry but are you trifling with my affections?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
I liked the old mugs, but I think the new mugs are better for a nice mug of tea with your breakfast... However, I have now done 6 flights on CE Domestic, and they all had one thing in common... No tea spoon to stir your tea with, so you end up using the handle of the fork or knife. I would have thought that in Business class a tea spoon could have been included???
I thought there was one included in the napkin?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: aa ba
For many years I was the supplier of tablware to major airlines including BA. A large airline can go through 700,000 cups a year and nearly as many saucers. There is a fine balance between thickness (for durability) and thinness (for weight saving). So go to mug only and take off any decoration and on this one item alone an airline can save £100,000+
Not what the M3 or Singapore do>
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
I thought there was one included in the napkin?
Not on my last 6 domestic flights. The Napkin contained 2 Knife's, 1 Fork, 1 Desert Spoon and the usual salt and pepper, but no tea spoon. No doubt the e-mail is on it's way:

"Our customers on UK Domestic routes have told us that they prefer to stir their tea with the shaft of their fork" in the interests of decency I wont go any further with this one.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:37 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Answer to the first - people collect anything - cups, glasses you name it.

My Surbiton days are no more so I will defer to your imaginings. I suspect that ex-Her Next Door would take the plastic teaspoons from Easyjet.
There's no accounting for taste with some people.

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I prefer Gin to Sherry but are you trifling with my affections?
I'm with you there, gin is certainly my preferred tipple in these warm days. As for trifling with your affections, I would not dream of it. I fear that any attempt to do so would incur a sternly-wielded hairbrush having failed to rise to the occasion like one of my soufflés.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
There were a load of the old BA mugs in the Royal Doulton factory shop in Stoke a while ago, if anyone is determined to plug the gaps in their collection.

I personally like those little black tea bowls you get in JAL First. But they're too fragile for me to "collect".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.