Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Galleries North - Etiquette/Foul language

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Well done PallionPete ^
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Ziz
I think your actions were entirely appropriate but I do want to point out that saying that 'ladies' can't hear foul language is sexist in this day and age.
Why? I find it British gentlemanly conduct.
I remember telling a girl not so swear once. She did not take it lightly and told me in no uncertain terms to leave!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I appreciate your actions and do apologise for the behaviour of my countryman. Hope he would've been reported no matter his appearance...
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:33 am

As you can see from some of the responses, the OP was guilty of being ageist, classist and sexist - while the other person was just chilling on Skype with his broseph, dudes!

I think we have a conflict here between BA's lounge rules (and the social standards of 'uptight, old dudes') and millennial social convention.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
As you can see from some of the responses, the OP was guilty of being ageist, classist and sexist - while the other person was just chilling on Skype with his broseph, dudes!

I think we have a conflict here between BA's lounge rules (and the social standards of 'uptight, old dudes') and millennial social convention.
As a dreaded millennial myself, I do admit it'd be easier to do this to the aforementioned individual, rather than someone else. Doesn't mean it should be that way, wouldn't enjoy it happening to me for appearance (although I hope I would never behave in such a manner).
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
^ OP

The consequences could have (should have?) been more severe for the offender however. Surprised denied boarding was not on the drinks menu.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Well what you have reported here sounds like very unreasonable behaviour from the passenger concerned, PallionPete, and I join others in commending you for refusing to stand for it.

I find 2 things also interesting, perhaps a little unexpected: that CS were ready and willing and able to remove him from the lounge so readily (security, I could have understood), and that his bag was searched at the same time (also raises the question of who did this and on what authority).
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by heckenhocker
Personally, I find it rather pleasant that there are still gentlemen who try to uphold a certain standard of behaviour (modified language). Thank you @PallionPete
Indeed. I can swear like a trooper in certain circumstances myself but I still appreciate such an action, so Thank You to Pallion Pete from me (a woman) too!

I don't want to see chivalry dead for fear of being accused of sexism!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Indeed. I can swear like a trooper in certain circumstances myself ...
Yes, it appears husbands have that affect on wives.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:53 am

Good for you. As a lady, I know and sometimes use foul language BUT, generally find it offensive and have no problems with your saying so.

As an American, first of all his Constitutional rights do not extend to England and second of all the First Amendment doesn't allow you to say and do anything you want. There are limitations, beyond the scope of this forum and obviously beyond the knowledge level of this ignorant oaf.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Good on you. I just wish the lounge staff would be a little more proactive.

I'd also say it's a fairly unusual one in my experience, for every millennial behaving inappropriately there are 10 middle aged people carrying on a full volume video call on speakerphone like they've never heard of headphones or common courtesy.

I dread the day in-flight wifi advances sufficiently to support video calling...
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
The beers in his bag are a big no no....only an oaf steals alcohol from the lounge.

Safe to assume his language was excessive for the OP to not only pass comment to him but receive a string of abuse for doing so.

CS found he was drunk clearly and it sounds like he was extremely fortunate to be allowed boarding.

As CIHY intimated there is not much difference between merry and pissed....mainly attitude and demeanor.

This is why we have the word catatonic which would be better applied to most of the CCR damn them!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
Good for you! Would have applauded
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You did the right thing. Especially because he was a rude, disrespectful American. ^^
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PallionPete
I immediately had him removed by customers services
I wonder if he's a Blogger?

''Stuck up racist git had me thrown out of Brit Air lounge''

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.