Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: Meh
My flight Monday is super J.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gingeola
Quelle horreur.

Super-hi J planned for my SEA-LHR in early Aug. Hope it stays that way!
I wish my LHR-SEA in late Aug was operated by B747 [I'm on B772].
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
Another way to check what has been used in the past (gives a good idea what to expect) is to go the www.basource.com and use the Route Tracker
You mean http://thebasource.com/
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
airprox- flight is sept 8 and return sept 17.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by techraider77
8 September BA49 = Super J.
17 September BA48 = Super J

Happy days!

[Small print: subject to change....]

Edit: You may be starting from Seattle? In which case it's still good on BA48 and 49 respectively.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by techraider77
Then I'm afraid it's a little early to be getting too excited about what the seatmap is currently showing for a flight 3 months away. Seattle is one of the routes that gets a fair mix of both configs.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
The flight my wife took out from Seattle last month was definitely NOT on a refurbished 747
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:13 pm

Location: Northumberland (The big bit between Newcastle & Scotland).
Programs: BAEC & VS.
My next Seattle is during the strike period - just hope it goes
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
I am sorry, my OCD forces me to post

Sorry, no rogue apostrophe in 747's – using an apostrophe for a plural of an abbreviation or number is perfectly acceptable (though not required – 747s would be equally acceptable).

{And all strictly off-topic, of course}
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
Sorry, no rogue apostrophe in 747's – using an apostrophe for a plural of an abbreviation or number is perfectly acceptable (though not required – 747s would be equally acceptable).

{And all strictly off-topic, of course}
I think you need to check that. Plural does not require apostrophises even when it is of a number. 747s not 747's. Not sure what you think 747's would be an abbreviation of?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I think you need to check that. Plural does not require apostrophises even when it is of a number. 747s not 747's.
One of the many little things in life that irritate me!

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jun 17, 2017 at 2:58 am
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Separately from grammar irritations, I am flying in F to SEA later this year. Is there a marked difference in the cabin depending on configuration - mainly IFE?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Separately from grammar irritations, I am flying in F to SEA later this year. Is there a marked difference in the cabin depending on configuration - mainly IFE?
In First, it's just the IFE, though due to the larger screens in First it's less noticeable. If you're on the Moving Map, everything is reasonably large, even if it looks like the writing is in Minecraft font, you can see the pixels. Whereas the Panasonic system (a) has a different and interactive Moving Map programme and (b) looks much sharper and clearer. The seating and everything else is the same. Oh, minor detail, but one of the reasons which CW and First is better on the Super J is that the CSD/CSM is more detached from service duties and therefore can be more hands-on on the customer service side.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I think you need to check that. Plural does not require apostrophises even when it is of a number. 747s not 747's.
Indeed, it's never 747's as a plural description.

Somewhere, Boeing has a huge manual as to how to deal with the branding. From things like how to use Stratotype (e.g.: Pretty much only in the logo and with the BCAG product model numbers), what colors to use in publications and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised that it explicitly describes how the plural of the BCAG aircraft models should be written as well. But I can't ever remember seeing the plural of 747 written as "747's" in any publication that I've read.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In First, it's just the IFE, though due to the larger screens in First it's less noticeable. If you're on the Moving Map, everything is reasonably large, even if it looks like the writing is in Minecraft font, you can see the pixels. Whereas the Panasonic system (a) has a different and interactive Moving Map programme and (b) looks much sharper and clearer. The seating and everything else is the same. Oh, minor detail, but one of the reasons which CW and First is better on the Super J is that the CSD/CSM is more detached from service duties and therefore can be more hands-on on the customer service side.
Many thanks corporate-wage-slave!

Just checked and my flight is showing J as 12 - 22 on main deck so believe at the moment I should get the better Panasonic IFE and a possibly more hands on CSM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.