Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Store - first experience let down

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've had lots of problems recently with the Avios e-Store. For one purchase from Paul Smith for example (worth 36,000 avios) they mistakingly awarded me 80 avios points. Numerous emails to the Exec Club with receipts and 3 months later it was only fixed after I wrote to Paul Smith !

Just had another one with MrPorter, purchase in May, stuck in "Pending" on the e-Store, only after escalating to the BA Exec Club was it suddenly posted (and it was 85,000 Avios!).

Seems, their eStore system is not ideal and there is no way of directly chasing the e-Store without submitting the receipt details every time.

My advise is to hound the Exec Club and if that doesn't work hound the retailer you bought the items from!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:38 am

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Every time I make an estore purchase, I log it in a spreadsheet. I then check that spreadsheet regularly and follow up things that haven't posted about 6 weeks later (returns window as previously stated).

It is a shame you have to do this, but you really do. Also read all the small print and the like before making a purchase. Apple for instance weren't giving points on newly released devices.

You should be able to treat it as fire and forget, but you just can't.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by duo
I am quickly loosing any trust I had with this site. Two transactions now in quick succession have been cancelled by merchant. Despite making 100% sure that the transaction id was captured before purchasing in the first one the merchant claim it is not the one used for the purchase. And then refuse to give more detail quoting the data protection act. Awaiting to hear the reason why the most recent one was cancelled.
I agree, the lack of transparency surrounding why cashback/avios is refused really lets these sites down.

To limit any issues in cashback tracking I have found that using a second browser on my laptop only for cashback site seems to work really well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.