Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal service, BA15 LHR SYD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by so3003
If you're in F then you have CCR in LHR, pre-order dinner for LHR-SIN to 'guarantee' your choice, hot breakfast before landing, first off in SIN to maximise time in Concorde Bar (has a small buffet and reasonable hot options ordered from menu), then dinner and breakfast again en route to SYD. No arrivals lounge at SYD but there's always the McDonald's in arrivals area (!)

If you're in F I'd recommend eating in Concorde Bar (within BA lounge) at SIN rather than venturing into QF for food, as you'll have limited time. If your onwards flight is delayed etc meaning more time on ground it's worth a look around QF and sampling the delights of their bar.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by GrahamClarke
Haven't been in the SIN lounge since 2014 and don't recall the Concorde bar. Is it a relatively recent addition?
Think it's been there around 2 years now? I've read mixed reviews on here, but on my visits I've been pleasantly surprised. It is ferociously air conditioned - which I see as a plus, but others disagree!!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Haven't been in the SIN lounge since 2014 and don't recall the Concorde bar. Is it a relatively recent addition?
Couple of years old. It's a great place to go if you are having hot flushes or if you have an eye condition requiring darkness - it is cold and dark

I would go straight to QF, have a shower then either have some non buffet food if the menu is good or sit at the proper bar and have a glass before boarding again.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
So I'm flying F outbound so looks like I can have

1) Dinner in Concorde room
2) Dinner on LHR-SIN flight
3) Breakfast on LHR-SIN flight
4) Dinner in SIN BA lounge
5) Dinner in Qantas lounge
6) Dinner on SIN-SYD flight
7) Breakfast on SIN-SYD flight

I think the 777 might be listing slightly by the time we land in Australia
LOL
would definately go to the qf lounge plenty of showers and the staff r 100% on service and friendliness. Ronaldo the bar man is expert.^
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Nuster
I would go straight to QF, have a shower then either have some non buffet food if the menu is good or sit at the proper bar and have a glass before boarding again.
I prefer the shower in the BA lounge. The air conditioning in the shower works better so I don't feel like I need another shower immediately after I come out of it.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Showers?? I'll have you know it's not time for my yearly bath!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Even if you're in F the QF lounge is worth going to for the food and the atmosphere. I was there a couple of times in May and loved the cocktail trolley they wheeled about...

And the Neil Perry food is obvs good for a lounge. Puts the CCR to shame.

Originally Posted by Nuster
Couple of years old. It's a great place to go if you are having hot flushes or if you have an eye condition requiring darkness - it is cold and dark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.