Search

STN Lounge no contract!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec club
STN Lounge no contract!

Flying STN-LIN this evening in CE.

Entered the lounge to be told alongside another couple that BA hadn't signed the contract for use of the lounge beyond May....

Another fantastic impression of this premium airline...
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:29 am

As in, you weren't allowed in?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Are you surprised. BA is all about minimum or no service in all classes since AC joined.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Sounds poor if this is the case.

Did you discuss with any BA staff?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:49 am
Original Poster

No wasn't allowed in, have sent an email
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ABJ92
No wasn't allowed in, have sent an email
Sorry to hear that.

Did you raise wth the BA staff at the gate?

Too late to be of any benefit but at least you could have expressed your disappointment / annoyance.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Entered the lounge to be told alongside another couple that BA hadn't signed the contract for use of the lounge beyond May....
No doubt the lounge company was very aware of the deadline and were making efforts to renew before 1 June. The lack of lounge is sad to see, but sadly in line with expectations.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I assume BA's logic is that there is no lounge at LCY therefore there need not be one at STN.
CE has very few benefits nowadays - seating is the same as Y, catering needs improvement. To add no lounge access to an already reduced product is very poor.
Having never had the 'pleasure' of going to STN, I can only imagine what that was like, having paid a premium for CE you would expect more than some catering onboard to differentiate between that and Y.
Very poor show. I hope that you get a handful of avios as a service recovery.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Did you raise wth the BA staff at the gate?
I don't think the Swissport staff will have any more clue about the contract renewal than the lounge staff... and I don't mean that in a horrible way.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I don't think the Swissport staff will have any more clue about the contract renewal than the lounge staff... and I don't mean that in a horrible way.
I did think that might be the issue but would have asked anyway.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:30 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
At least with LCY it's designed for a quick transit through, where lounge time would be minimal anyway (when things are working). STN is an absolute mess of an airport where you simply can't rely on turning up 40 minutes before and getting on the flight, with the only thing to commend it being the lounge - if this is deliberate, rather than just not getting the deal done in time, this is a really poor show from BA, certainly for CE passengers.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Stansted is a horror trust me, was an awful wait especially when I was there 2 hours before departure!

Gate staff were a mess, Menzies used at STN and boarding was done late and manually even though the plane had been ready for a good half hour.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I wonder if this was an oversight rather than a deliberate decision not to offer lounge access. Let BA know, if there are no complaints then it will be seen as a tacit approval.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Stansted is a horror trust me, was an awful wait especially when I was there 2 hours before departure!
Don't do that, then

Assuming you have fast track (you can buy it for a fiver), then pass the fast track entry check about 1h10m before departure and you'll be in the departure lounge about 10 minutes before the gate is announced, which gives you time to peruse the food selection, buy something, and then go to the gate where there is plenty of seating. Minimise your time in the overcrowded retail mall they call "departures".

(I'm sure sometimes people have to arrive earlier than that, but if you can choose your arrival time that's the way to do it).
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The lounge is PPass / Lounge Club so take that as back up. There is a BA logo at the lounge entrance so this would be particularly odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.